Multinational Cost Consultancy
Basra, Southern Iraq
My client, a leading multinational Cost consultancy has an immediate requirement for a Planning Manager on a major power project based in Southern Iraq.
Middle East experience is a must and you should ideally have power knowledge with the appropriate qualifications.
This position is to be on rotation basis, likely to be 6 weeks on 2 weeks off and based on 6 day working week.
Will be based in a secured camp with accommodation facilities.
Subject to client approval and securing a work visa it is expected that you will commence employment in July 2012.
* At least 10 years of experience in a similar position;
* Understanding of Construction sequences and methods;
* Ability to review buildability of designs and make recommendations;
* Well organised creative individual with ability to "think outside the box";
* Ability to manage client expectations and meet programme objectives;
* Experience in planning software. - using Primavera P3 & P6, and MS Projects;
* Preferably civil engineering or power background. PSP course or similar to obtain basic planning knowledge
* Ability to contribute in a large multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
* Strong power experience
* Middle Eastern experience
* Effective oral and written communication in English, and be able to communicate in Arabic would be an advantage
* Have an experience of project delivery methods and their appropriate application;
* Ensure procurement, material and submittal logs are created and maintained;
* Monitor design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements;
* Mitigation and Claims Avoidance analysis;
* Ensure weekly and monthly reports are accurate and submitted in time;
* Prepare weekly/ monthly project progress reports to be issued to the site team;
* Prepare logistics plan / operation strategies;
* Ensure document and information transfer is managed effectively at site level;
* Review manpower and resource requirements relative to meet the current job progress schedule;
* Participate in co-ordination with other members of the project team;
If you have the required experience and are willing to work in this challenging location on a Single Status bonus then please forward an up to date copy of CV a soon as possible.
About the Company
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultantsí sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Pharma, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened an office in Abu Dhabi to further assist with our client needs across the region.