Planning and Budgeting – Senior Specialist
To develop and manage financial planning, modelling and reporting for the company in line with best practices, corporate strategy and goals, Finance business plan and BU / FU demand; to participate / develop budgeting as a seamless process from financial planning and provide necessary assistance to Sr. Management Team in financial planning decision making.
(Process / Technical / Operational)
• Develop guidelines and procedures for financial planning and modelling
• Manage and prepare annual financial plan and planning model.
• Develop and measure financial KPI’s against targets and reporting variances
• Liaise with and support Business Development department in preparation of annual business plan and performance management system.
• Liaise with Other Business Units to provide support and input to Omantel strategic and business planning process /corporate strategy / financial planning.
• Develop seamless process from financial planning to annual budget and participate in preparation of Group consolidated Budget / Parent / Subsidiary Budget (Revenues, OPEX & CAPEX) including all financial statements for presenting to Corporate Management Team /Board.
• Develop / Review / update financial planning / Budget guidelines to end-users and facilitate training sessions with end-users for usage of templates, policies and procedures
• Carry out bench mark analysis of key parameters covering regional / major telecoms and present to the management.
• Lead and implement Budgeting automation program.
• Other adhoc assignments as required by the Strategic Finance Unit
• Manage financial planning, budgeting and variance reporting to Business/ Management Team
• Develop talent within the team by providing consistent direction and support
• Manage the team on a daily basis including resolving issues and maintaining high motivation levels within the team
• Complete accurate, objective and fact-based performance appraisals for all direct reportees on time as applicable
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Delivery of financial Planning model and budget as per the defined time line.
• Timely and accurate variance reports and analysis
•CIMA/CMA with preferably a post-graduate degree in Business Administration (Finance Specialisation)
•Good knowledge of accounting policies, including international accounting standards
•Good level of proficiency in IT applications, specially with financial modelling packages, Oracle ERP, and bespoke budgeting & planning tools (such as Congnos / Heperion)
•Good planning and organization skills
•Good analytical and problem solving skills
•Good written and oral communication skills
•Should have good exposure in telecommunications business and have atleast senior level experience of minimum 5 years
•Should have at least 3-5 years experience in a financial planning / budgeting function
At least 10 years
About the Company
About the Company
Omantel is the pioneer of total communications solutions in the Sultanate of Oman. We have the widest choice of state of the art services with the broadest network coverage. We listen to understand your needs and value feedback. We strive to deliver on our promises.
Omantel (as both Omantel and Oman Mobile) has offered the full spectrum of telecommunications solutions to the people and businesses of Oman since the dawn of the Renaissance in 1970. Over the years, as the pioneering telecommunications supplier, we have striven to connect even the most remote communities to each other and to the rest of the world. As a pillar of the Omani economy, Omantel has been a leading player in Oman’s progress and national development.
The Omantel logo, embodies the Omani heritage, in the form of the Khanjar. Our color palette, blue and orange, signals our dedication to professionalism and progression as well as a vibrant spirit. The Omantel name, combined both in Arabic and English, is cradled and encapsulated in our new brand symbol reflecting a caring mindset.
Our tagline reflects also our philosophy of togetherness as this is at the heart of everything we do – as we lead the way in bringing individuals, families, businesses and regions ever closer together using leading edge technology for communications.