Pune - Permanent
- Plant Manager role with full Industrial P&L responsibility
- Unique opportunity to lead India operations of a European multinational
About Our Client
Our European client represents one of the fastest growing and most respected names in kitchen appliances worldwide. They recently embarked on an ambitious growth plan and are setting up a 10,000 square meter state-of-the-art manufacturing facility on the outskirt of Pune. The group has retained the services of Michael Page International to assist them in strengthening their team and thus is looking to hire a Plant Manager to lead their India operations.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, your main responsibilities will include:
- Scaling up the new kitchen appliances plant over the next 5 years,
- Coordinating plant operations and implementing company policies and procedures,
- Ensuring products meet quality, health, safety and environmental standards,
- Overseeing and optimizing day-to-day operations (production planning, material management, etc.),
- Constantly improving quality standards to obtain the highest degree of customer satisfaction,
- Managing a talented and motivated team including line managers, supervisors and administrative staff,
- Liaising with department heads to ensure coordination between all departments,
- Following new technologies and best practices in the market in order to keep pace with the industry,
- Building strategies and business plans to ensure competitiveness,
- Representing the company externally to the government, statutory/regulatory bodies and business partners while strengthening long term relationships.
The Plant Manager India will have full Industrial Profit & Loss accountability.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have at least 10 years' experience in managing world class manufacturing capacities, like kitchen appliances, automotive plants etc. in India, as well as a degree in mechanical engineering and MBA in Finance/ Marketing, etc. is preferable / Excellent leadership and management skills/ Strong technical skills and project management experience/ Very good SAP knowledge/ Entrepreneurial spirit, success driven and passionate about working within a multicultural environment.
What's On Offer
- New Greenfield project implementation and an opportunity to get exposed to industry best practices,
- Possibility for career growth in a multinational environment,
- Unique opportunity to lead India operations of a European multinational.
Apply for this job
The reference number of this job is I38890. Please apply online using the form below.
About the Company
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.