Power Supply Technician
The purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services
covering the power supply for Dubai Metro.
1. Assist the Power Supply Team Leader and/or other technical support staff to
2. implement complex systems or new projects;
3. To be assigned and rotated to the First Line Response Technicians team when
4. Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Power Supply Team
Leader and other senior Power Supply Maintenance Staff
5. Perform shift and emergency duties when required;
6. Technical, Financial and People Accountabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1. Vocational trade certificate or diploma in electrical engineering discipline or
2. Minimum 1 year work experience as a qualified power supply maintenance
technician in maintaining and repairing power supply and distribution system
preferably in a rail or power utilities industry;
3. Working knowledge in 750V DC traction, transmission and distribution, 132K and
33K GIS, 132kV/33kV transformers, reactors, condensers, earthing transformer,
high speed DC circuit breakers, cabling system, 3rd rail electrification, power
sub-stations and ancillary plant would be a definite advantage;
4. Knowledge and experience in operating SCADA control and configuring
programmable logic controllers is essential;
5. Must have good eyesight and normal colour vision;
6. Ability to use and calibrate various electrical and electronics test equipment and
PC for the maintenance of power supply system;
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.