After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Al Jazeera Childrens Channel (JCC)
- To present programmes in the classic Arabic language and in line with the Channel Editorial Guidelines and Strategy.
- To contribute to the programme as required by the Senior Producer/Executive Producer to ensure professional presentation, and where appropriate, journalistic standards are maintained.
- To communicate effectively and create a rapport with a children’s audience.
- Presenting programmes using the classic Arabic language and critically being able to convey the right tone and style of the programmes in order to create a rapport with the audience and uphold the JCC values.
- Reviewing and contributing to the script and running order with the Senior Producer and/or Director and guests before the show.
- Interacting with participants, contributors and audience when shooting, recording ‘As Live’ or Live, and ensuring the participants contribute and deliver the appropriate level and tone of interaction for the style of the programme, (includes phone-ins and down-the-line).
- Where relevant work with the Senior Producer to ensure the editorial integrity of the programme is maintained and that it upholds the JCC values
Understands the target audience for the individual JCC channels and is able to play a part in reviewing the success of individual programmes in meeting the needs of those audiences.
- Demonstrate balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of programme intention and target audience.
- Understands Editorial Guidelines, divisional and Director Programming’s objectives.
- Communicates spoken ideas and information clearly. Listens to, understands and interprets correctly information/instructions. Is concise and precise when interviewing and deals with conflicting views effectively and impartially.
- Consistently performs under pressure.
- Understands the process of working in the studio and on location and supports and mentors more junior members of the production team.
- Participate in the Performance Review and Appraisal Process.
** Please submit your portfolio attached with CV.
Media / Fine Art or any related major - A thorough understanding and knowledge of the Arabic language.
Should have at least 3 years’ experience working for a reputable organization related to Media.
A tape or portfolio is must.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Arabic, English and French speaking language skills
- Effective expression and listening in groups or individual situations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and able to draw the best out of people
- Ability to perform under pressure, especially in a live television environment
- Ability to ‘connect’ with children and understand their hopes, aspirations and spirit
About the Company
JCC is a pan-Arab media organization which aims to reach Arab children and young people across the world.
It provides high-quality and innovative programs and content across multiple media platforms. In addition, JCC drives cultural and educational initiatives that preserve and reflect Arab cultural identity and values for young people.
JCC operates as four separate but interconnected audience facing entities that include JeemTV, an advanced media platform for Arab children 7- 12 years old, and Baraem TV, the first preschool channel for children 2- 6 years old. The organization also offers educational and cultural initiatives such as Taalam.tv - the first Video-On-Demand (VOD) educational portal that offers curriculum complementing material to Arab scholars, and Siwar, the JCC childrens choir that provides the opportunity for talented youngsters from 9 to 16 years old to express themselves through singing.