Principal Engineer – Transmission Lines, T&D
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM has decided to establish, develop and grow Energy business line in the KSA and Qatar. In conjunction and cooperation with the other business functions within AECOM, the Energy business line will provide broad range of advisory, design and project management services to Energy clients in the KSA, Qatar and the broader Middle Eastern market. HV substation and Transmission Lines related services are a significant part of the total services offering and include strategic level advice, engineering solutions, conceptual and detailed design, construction supervision, and project delivery options for our Energy clients.
The Principal Engineer-Transmission Lines will be a core member of this team and be accountable for leading the HV/EHV Transmission Lines specifications, concept/detailed design and design review, estimation, site supervision and support as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead a team of Engineers and Designers for HV and EHV Transmission Lines
• Provide technical support to the team on all aspects of high and extra high voltage transmission line engineering and design
• Prepare technical specifications and EPC tender documents for transmission line projects
• Perform technical calculations, including tower, foundation and line layout design calculations
• Apply software tools such as PLS-CADD, TOWER, Space Gass and other techniques to solve complex engineering calculations
• Perform design reviews
• Perform verification of design
• Write technical and progress reports
• Develop and optimise design processes to increase efficiency of designs
• Develop and manage budgets for the transmission lines discipline
• Design and Site Management - scheduling, inspections and resource management
• Win work and grow the revenue generated by the Energy BL
• Actively contribute to the broader AECOM business functions including managing clients and driving the growth of new business through existing and new relationships
• Mentoring less experienced staff by, for example, providing assistance with technical matters, supervising & reviewing work for continual improvement & engaging staff in projects being managed to ensure the staff meet project, quality and section performance objectives
• Support Director (Energy) as required
• B.E. or M.E. in civil/structural engineering
Specific Skills Required
• Experience in transmission and distribution line design - 11kV to 400kV AC
• Proven experience in application of new technologies and techniques e.g. rapid restoration
• Experience in tower testing is preferable
• Manage multi-disciplinary teams
• Client relationship and management
• Able to work in a high performance team environment
• Able to work with clients and be approachable
able to take on challenges
• Able to work well with subordinates, management as well teams
• Strong analytical skill
• Attention to detail
• Good communicator
• Positive and energetic
• 12-15 years related experience. Strong preference for Middle East experience.
• Experience working with Power Utilities and Consultants
• Must be able to work in a high performance team environment
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.