Process & Compliance Manager – Toys R Us
Al Futtaim Group
About the Business:
Toys R Us is the largest specialty toy store in the world. Launched by the Al-Futtaim Group in Dubai in 1995, Toys R Us now exist in twelve locations in the Gulf market and has emerged as undisputed market leader for all children related products.
The stores offer an unrivalled range of toys, games, sporting goods, electronics, software, baby products, children's apparel and juvenile furniture all under one roof.
In this role you willÂ be responsible for:
* Monitoring the administration office activity in all Toys R Us locations and ensure that company policies and standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
* Assist the store management and administration teams to ensure all till discrepancies are thoroughly investigated, recorded, analysed and reported to the Operations Manager for further action in case of any dispute.
* Ensure all stock takes and physical inventory counts are carried out as per the defined standard operating procedure and posting of stock count and physical inventory results whilst assisting stores with any investigation.
* Assist stores with the development and implementation of stock loss action plans in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
* Develop store procedures in conjunction with the store teams, regional office and Retail Compliance Manager and ensure smooth implementation and compliance checks.
* Review and where necessary revise and or amend the standard operating procedures as per business requirement and in line with Group Internal Audit.
* Develop procedures for any new territories in line with group and local legislation and ensure that any approved procedures are supported with training for the Administration Assistant and store teams.
* Review all internal audit reports when published and support the store manager in compiling recommendations and updates to Group Internal Audit.
* Review all store internal audit reports and implement necessary corrective action required.
* Responsibility for the maintenance and development of system processes relating to store operating systems.
* Work alongside the Retail IT Manager and STS team to identify and develop suitable store related processes to enhance operational efficiencies and to meet customer expectations.
* First line contact for stores and operations for any system related issues or requirements including POS system, SAP and all other software and hardware.
* Improve programme and service quality by devising new procedures, updating existing ones and evaluating user system results for the Operations Manager.
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* Working knowledge of SAP is essential
* 5-8 years in a Finance or Administrative position (Store based experience preferred)
* Strategic planning and analytical skills.
* Influencing and negotiating skills
* Strong computer literacy
* Strong communication, decision making
* Ability to lead, develop and motivate others
* A high degree of accuracy is essential
* Degree in a related field of study
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.