Process Engineer – DGS – Degassing Stations Modifications
Our client, a Leading Global Operator in the Oil and Gas Industry currently require a Process Engineer (DGS - Degassing Stations Modifications).
The main purpose of the role is to develop / review high value process designs, achieving reservoir drainage objectives whilst assuring the application of the highest standards of engineering integrity, safety and environmental protection.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Technical integrity of process design
- Overall effectiveness and efficiency of process design
- Capturing and dissemination of process engineering knowledge
Typical activities will include:
- Developing and checking process simulation for either single treatment units or entire upstream plants.
- Supporting the Facilities Engineering Manager in defining alternative processes based on complete heat and material balances.
- Participating in detailed engineering verification.
- Leading and directing specialists and engineering contractor studies related to the project
- Supervising and directing Design Contractors in the selection and design of correct processes in the project, leading towards optimization in terms of technology, timing for implementation and cost.
- Leading identification, creation and/or adoption of appropriate discipline engineering standards, with appropriate consideration of specific international standards and norms
- Identifying and assessing new technologies and systems to facilitate improvements in design and operability
- Managing and reviewing output coming from the concept selection during concept definition up to the execution
- Undertaking technical integrity and HSE reviews/audits
- Participating in the process safety management, including hazard identification and HAZOP activities
- Advising on equipment standardization, availability, and sparing philosophies in order to achieve maximum plant operability.
- Verifying and endorsing process simulations
- Producing and keeping updated, the project Basis of Design/Statement of Requirements, including collation and analysis of relevant
- Verifying the production of block diagrams, PFDs, UFD, PandID`s, heat, mass balances and process reports.
- Verifying the issuing of equipment lists, data sheets and contributing to cost estimation.
- Contributing to feed data-base about size, weight, cost and delivery time of major equipment
- Leading and directing specialists (if any) and engineering contractor studies
- Safety Responsibilities:
o Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by following the Project`s HSE Plan and training requirements
o Ensuring a safe and operable design
Qualifications and Experience:
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements;
- Engineering/technical degree (Chemical engineering degree, Process engineering degree, Petroleum engineering degree or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience and proven track record in processing studies, process simulation and project development
- The candidate experience should be broad (front end conceptual, FEED, Detail Design, De-bottlenecking and Operations) and include utilities and off-sites.
- Fluency in English.
- Engineering skills
- Process engineering skills (as Process Design, Process Simulation, Process Review, Oil and Gas process treatment, Upstream process, Process optimization/simulation SW-program)
- Compliance with local business context standards and codes
- Organisation Processes: Internal Standard, Feed-back development and diffusion, Technical audit and Design Review, Work team management methodology, Documentation management
- Plant Design
- Plan construction and installation
- Project Management
- Personal capabilities as problem solving, innovation, spirit of enterprise, excellence orientation and relations management
About the Company
About the Company
Fircroft is one of the world’s leading providers of solutions to specialist technical industries. The company was founded in 1970 to provide services to companies in the Oil & Gas sector.
We currently deliver professional services contracts on a preferred or sole supply basis with some of the world’s largest energy companies.