Hyder Consulting is an award-winning multi-national advisory and design consultancy, specialising in transport, utilities, property and environmental sectors, and listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2002. With nearly 4,000 people across our regions - Asia, UK, Europe, Middle East and Australia - we offer clients the benefits of global expertise coupled with local knowledge. We are totally committed to providing excellent client service through the quality of our people. We take great pride in resourcing quality professionals and creating a pleasant and friendly working environment. We seek staff who thrive on challenges, both technically and commercially, staff who wish to work as part of a professional team.
We are inviting qualified Process Engineer to join us in Doha.
The main duties of the Process Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison with the various Drainage engineers within DA to ensure conformity to the overall plan and to highlights conflicts
- To assist in initiating new work
- To review Consultants design submissions if required
- Assist in the preparation of the STW operation budget
- To assist in reviewing current design practice and where necessary modify to suite
- Hands on experience of operation and maintenance of sewage treatment plants including SBR's with capacity in excess of 30000 m3 per day
- Extensive knowledge of process and effluent quality of sewage
- To be acquainted with the administration procedures of the DA
- Technical advise on STW matters
- To assist in reviewing current specifications and apply new technology use to such specifications. Constant update of codes and standards
- Liaison with other departments and advise on design issues
- Assist in the preparation of cycle reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of a quality Assurance System.
Education /Minimum Qualifications
- B.Sc Civil Engineering from an accredited University in the United States of America or the United Kingdom or other approved.
- Professional Registration (Chartered Engineer) from a recognised Professional Institution in the USA or UK or other approved is advantageous
- Competent at Microsoft Word; Excel and Microsoft Project, etc
- Ability to speak and write Arabic would be an advantage.
- Up to 15 years experience in Civil and Public Health Engineering in the disciplines of sewage treatment works with emphasis on operation and maintenance wit minimum 5 years experience in SBR operation.
- Experience in WWTP
- Experience in Water Quality Management
- To have an appreciation on international water quality standards pertaining to Sewage Treatment works facilities.
- Experience in projects involving government departments; public and private organizations
- Experience in Gulf Region projects of similar nature
- Culturally sensitive with experience in operating in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work independently with min supervision
- Sound written and verbal communication skills together with interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a pro-active and organized approach.
- Good attention to detail coupled with the ability to focus on the wider objectives.
About the Company
About the Company
Hyder Consulting is a multi-national advisory and design consultancy. We have been in operation for over 150 years, working on some of the world's most iconic landmarks and infrastructure including the world’s tallest building in Dubai - Burj Khalifa, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Tower Bridge in London, the new Berlin airport and the Taiwan High Speed Railway.
Our international pedigree is further highlighted by our long-standing presence in our regions: we have been in business for over 150 years in Europe, 100 years in East Asia, 70 years in Australia and 45 years in the Middle East. We have built on this diversity and today 72% of our revenue comes from outside UK.
We employ around 4000 people and apply our global expertise coupled with local knowledge to create award winning solutions for the property, transport, utilities and environmental sectors.