Position: Procurement Assistant
Grade: Band 12
Location: Abu Dhabi
Contract: Full time, permanent
The main responsibility is to be the designated Buyer for the Arabian Peninsula Network, whilst ensuring that all procurement adheres to FCO procurement policy and buying responsibility in Prism.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Create Purchase Orders within the agreed timescales.
- Create Supplier sites in Prism.
- Receive Invoices from Supplier, conduct and complete necessary checks & logs and forward to Finance for processing.
- Conduct regular housekeeping in accordance with Prism guidelines.
- Contact Suppliers to follow-up on Invoices as required.
- Compile weekly statistics for the Arabian Peninsula Network (APN).
- Compile necessary monthly Purchase Order information and submit to Finance to include in Post Account Analysis Report.
- Liaising with APN Procurement team and Corporate Service Managers as required.
- To take part in the Embassy emergency planning and any response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and an ability to adapt to other systems;
- An effective team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven organisational ability;
Key Selection Criteria
- Delivering Results
- Customer Focus
- Working with Others
- Communicating & Influencing
Working Hours and Salary
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: salary of AED 7,960 per month, inclusive of all allowances; 25 working days holiday per annum; free on-site parking and access to on-site swimming pool, gymnasium and sports facilities.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07.30 am until 2.30 pm on Sunday to Thursday. Extended hours may be occasionally required or varied to meet operational demands.
Please send a current CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Potential candidates for the position will be invited to take a short assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited back for an interview.
The assessment will take place on: 24th July 2012
Interviews will be held on: 26th July 2012
The successful candidates will be required to undergo security vetting procedures.
The closing date for applications: 19th July 2012
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, religion, belief, marital status, creed or age
About the Company
About the Company
The British Embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai represent Her Majesty's Government in the United Arab Emirates. The Embassy in Abu Dhabi is the focus for bilateral relations between Britain and the Federal Government. The Embassy in Dubai supports the bilateral relationship but with a strong focus on developing trade and economic ties between Britain and Dubai and the Northern Emirates.