Procurement Executive – Select Auto
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Automotive occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute toÂ their brands worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Automotive is synonymous with brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and VolvoÂ which enjoy undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. We also hold exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries as well as the franchises for Hertz Rent-a-car - the worlds largest rental and leasing company and FAMCO heavy goods Machinery.
Select Auto is a part of Al Futtaim Automotive Group. This company will cater to the regional requirements of Nato Forces and their Prime Contractors for supply of heavy equipment ,vehicles and their maintenance services. Select will be the single point of contact for customers of this profile and will operate as an internal customer for the other automotive group companies.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will ensure an end to end internal procurement solution for all assets and consumables.Â You will ensure that all procurement procedures, processes and priorities are adhered to and in accordance with best business practices and compliance to quality systems.
Your main accountabilities will include:
* Research and report on optimum procurement solution(s) based on time, cost and quality to ensure fit for purpose equipment and supplies.
* Assist Procurement manager in ensuring that all procurement is synchronized against demand and within budget.
* Maintain a centralized vendor database for all categories
* Prepare & maintain a budgetary price & availability list for relevant equipment and vehicles
* Maintain close liaison with suppliers on stock availability, readiness for shipment etc
* Organize and maintain multiple purchasing tasks including seeking quotations, preparing financial evaluations, issuing Purchase Orders and following up on deliveries to UAE and other operational locations
* Ensure all procurement and contracting practices are in accordance to AFG / Select Auto purchasing procedures and practices
* Liaising with vendor for shipment / delivery schedule
* Reviewing and evaluating tenders and quotations in accordance with procurement processes.
* Assisting Procurement Manager with investment applications.
* Sourcing & Procurement of Spare parts, Consumables, Vehicles & Equipment in line with administrative and operational requirements, negotiating the most favourable contract terms / conditions possible, in order to achieve best value.
* Supplier Analysis and Negotiation
* Issuing Purchase orders and contracts and maintaining procurement files
* Assist the Procurement Manager and Logistics Manager with management of shipments from point of order to delivery at final destination.
Reporting & Compliance
* Maintain proper records of procurement related activities for any future reference or audit requirements.
* Assisting the Procurement Manager with supplier evaluation.
* Preparation and distribution of scheduled and ad hoc registers and reports.
* Vendor Performance Rating and Management.
* Benchmarking exercise to evaluate industry trend and new supplier selection.
* Ensure that the processes, procedures and related timelines comply with organization's standard Procurement Processes & Policies.
To be considered for this role you will need to possess:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Experience with working on multiple commodities and variety of services, with proven ability in contract and purchasing negotiations
* Excellent oral and written English communication.
* Experienced PC User, familiar with ERP systems such as SAP, MS Office, MS Project, email and Internet
* Ideally (not mandatory) knowledge and experience with US Government contracting, ISO standards, FAR and DFAR regulations
* 3 - 5 years procurement, supply, inventory and logistics administration across multiple facilities / disciplines within the Middle East, ideally, in relation to US Government contracting and subcontracting or within the Automotive industry.
Job Specific Skills:
* Knowledge and application of industry standard procurement processes and procedures.
* Ability to work independently, where necessary with little supervision and be capable of advising / making best business practice decisions.
* Ability to work within an international, diverse cultural environment and able to form excellent relationships with internal and external contacts.
* Able to work in dynamic, fast paced, pressurised environments, adapting to rapid change in an agile and positive manner, whilst continuing to provide economical and time focused solutions to critical business needs
* Able to work to tight deadlines, providing agile, economical and focused solutions.
* Highly motivated individual with ability to self-manage and use own initiative where necessary / appropriate.
* Based in Dubai, liaising with colleagues & suppliers who may be in Dubai or remote and arduous locations where there is a Medium to High Security Threat
* Occasional International Travel to destinations including Afghanistan, Africa etc.,
Health and Safety accountability statements
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.