Randstad Middle East
Our client is a Leading Western Construction company in the Roads, Utilities and Infrastructure sectors with bases across America, Africa and the Middle East.
Due to a large project win in Qatar, our client is currently seeking a long term Procurement Manager with experience in the Roads and Infrastructure sector.
The successful candidate’s role will include:
- Overall responsible for the procurement of materials and proprietary parts of all sites, plant yard, departments at the most competitive terms considering price, delivery and quality of the product.
- Responsible for arranging LPO's for materials and negotiating with approved suppliers for supply quality materials.
- Responsible for the review of new supplier's particulars and suitability, approval/rejection as per company quality system requirements.
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager/Operations Head for the material requirements, verification & assure for replacement of the same.
- Monitor the performance of the approved suppliers and ensure receiving quality material as per requirements and company approved list.
- Responsible for checking all materials are received according to material requirement and LPO.
- Responsible for ensuring to preparing/maintaining purchase record of Fixed assets, LPO's, Plant and Machinery along with quotations and comparison statements.
- Maintain material document library to ensure the availability of technical
catalogue/specifications, verification details, materials approved certificates, material traceability etc. as and when required.
- Responsible for checking and reviewing of all pricing and sourcing done for plant department.
Circa 25,000 QR per month all inclusive package plus medical insurance
- Diploma/Graduation in Civil Engineering/Materials Management/MBA
- Around 15-20 years of experience in the field of material and services
procurement for construction projects in a managerial position. Previous on-site
experience in a Middle Eastern country is mandatory.
- Knowledge in ISO 9000:2000 and SAP is highly desirable.
- The candidate should possess the ability to deal with clearance agencies, government departments &
local transport contractors.
- Must be able to exercise budgetary control of local purchase systems & deal effectively with suppliers
- Currently in the GCC (Qatar needs NOC)
- Any nationality
If your background matches the criteria above and you are looking to join a successful Western market leader in the Middle East, send your CV now.
About the Company
About the Company
Over 30 years of local industry experience.
New name, proven expertise
In 2009, recruitment leaders Beresford Blake Thomas (BBT), Hill McGlynn and Ma Foi integrated under the Randstad brand to form Randstad Middle East.
Experience and local knowledge are essential commodities within the Middle East region, so it made perfect sense to combine 30 years’ recruitment experience in the Gulf, providing a larger, more streamlined service to our clients and candidates.
As well as having the largest geographical footprint of any recruiter, Randstad is the world’s largest specialist recruitment provider, employing over 28,000 members of staff and helping over 2.5 million people find work every year. With an enviable reputation worldwide, we have an established and respected presence in the Middle East, and are the preferred choice for specialist staffing solutions in more customary and emerging markets across the entire region.
• Accounting & Finance
• Advertising, Media & PR
• Construction & Engineering
• Hospitality & Retail
• HR & Business Support
• IT & Telecommunications & Electronics
• Oil & Gas
• Pharmaceutical & FMCG
• Property & Real Estate
• Sales & Marketing
• Executive Search & Selection
• Facilities Management