After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Jebel Ali Free Zone, UAE
Identify, qualify and select competent vendors to supply products and services in accordance with company policy and strategy. Administer procurement activities in compliance with company policy and strategy.
• Develop and implement procurement procedures and policies to maintain and enhance a procurement process in compliance with company goals and objectives.
• Plan, organize and direct the activities of the procurement and expediting function as well as provide training to staff to effectively implement company policies and procedures.
• Recruit, evaluate and maintain suppliers to provide products and services in compliance with Company Quality System, including visits to vendor facilities to review capabilities.
• Develop strategic relationships with key vendors to maintain preferential pricing, volume discounts and preferential production scheduling.
• Review purchase requisitions for accuracy, completeness of attachments / specifications and approvals.
• Maintain close working relations with other company functions in order placement relating to cost and delivery schedules.
• Maintain and communicate knowledge of supply sources, current pricing trends and market conditions relating to products and services required by AMHI.
• Perform supplier qualification, surveillance, process and Quality Management System audits and maintain records thereof.
• Participate in internal process and Quality Management System audits.
• Initiate non-conformance reports for audit findings, include closure and validate
• Identify and leverage best practices across supplier qualification, surveillance, process and quality management system audits.
• Participation in supplier visits and supplier audits.
• Work with internal customers in support of supplier certification activities.
• Ownership and reporting on all quality issues associated with suppliers.
• Participates in Customer Complaints investigation for areas under their control
• Ensure the independent product and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, company policies and customer requirements.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Business Administration or Industrial Engineering Degree.
• Five (5) yrs experience in procurement.
• Excellent organization and follow up skills.
• Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with purchasing techniques.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with outside vendors.
• Four (4) years supervisory experience.
• Previous Middle East experience.
• Previous experience with EPC contractor or industrial manufacturing.
Compensation and Benefits:
• A competitive performance based salary structure.
• Flex-time schedule allowing flexibility for the employee to achieve work/life balance.
• Extensive Learning & Development opportunities through the “Aker Academy”, “On the Job Training”, “E-Learning” and other options.
About the Company
Aker Solutions delivers engineering, construction, manufacturing, technology products, maintenance and other specialized services, often as total solutions for complete projects. Aker Solutions employs approximately 20,000 employees and 8000 contract staff in around 26 countries.
Aker Solutions provides innovative drilling and topside technologies as well as Lifecycle Service of oilfield drilling equipment and drilling structures. In addition, we represent & sell the standard product line of our affiliated companies and provide project management services for multi-part drilling equipment deliveries.
Aker Solutions implements a unique ‘People Policy’:
In the end, it comes down to the talent and motivation of you and me. Delivering strong results is impossible without a highly capable workforce.
We learn on the job, through challenging tasks, coaching and training.
Development of people and teams in our company has one purpose - to create a foundation for long-term sustainable value creation through efficient project execution and a sound business operation.
We respect and encourage diversity and build strong, energised and effective teams - and we have fun together.