Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Location Jeddah or Riyadh.
'An excellent new opportunity has arisen for a Procurement & Supply Chain Manager in Saudi Arabia.
The successful post-holder will preferably be located in Jeddah, however applications from candidates requiring Riyadh location will also be considered.
Ideally you will have experience working in a similar environment/industry for 3 - 4 years and also hold longer term ambitions to develop into Senior Management.'
Purpose of the Job
- Managing a dedicated product portfolio on a local level
- Implementing Procurement strategies in close cooperation with Material Group Managers and team members on a local level.
- Facilitates the improvement of quality and processes on a local level
- Identification of local saving opportunities and initiation of respective projects
- Quarterly tracking and reporting of progress and successes
- Potential Team member in a Sika global Material group
- Identifying local saving opportunities
- Measuring KPI’s according to existing templates
- Tracking of the achieved results.
- Identifying and removing potential barriers to success.
- Supporting the Sika material groups to develop formal project strategies which are in alignment with the overall Sika Procurement strategy.
- Initiating and supporting the RFx processes locally.
- Providing and maintaining the relevant data for global/regional reports
- Take ownership to achieve individual targets in alignment with the Sika material group management process
- Align internal decision makers through focused communication
- Ensures global & local policies and procedures are conveyed to end users in the Procurement of goods and services
- Manages the operational and tactical Procurement of goods and services categories in accordance with Sika policies, procedures and specifications.
- Negotiates in close coordination with the global Material groups local volumes, processes, quality levels and prices
- Approves local purchase orders for supplies, equipment and services within authorized signature limits.
- Assumes compliances and ethical standards with applicable laws, policies and codes of business content.
Standard of performance:
- Good communication skills (verbal and written in Arabic & English) with the ability to present concepts to different levels.
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated broad understanding of Procurement processes
- Good knowledge about Procurement processes in ERP systems, especially SAP
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Degree equivalent from a reputable College.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a high level of computer skills
- Expert knowledge of integrated ERP systems is a prerequisite – e.g. SAP, Axapta, Oracle, or other
- MS Office Package, Internet software; and Inventory software
About the Company
About the Company
Sika is a globally integrated company supplying specialty chemicals markets. It is a leader in processing materials used in sealing, bonding, damping, reinforcing and protecting load-bearing structures in Construction and Industry. Subsidiaries in more than 70 countries worldwide and 12 900 employees link customers directly to Sika and guarantee the success of all of its business relationships. With this structure, Sika generates annual sales of CHF 4.6 billion.