Product Support Engineer
We are seeking a well spoken and energetic Engineer with a strong IT / computer skill set to join our global and industry leading Vehicle Telematics Company specialising in Vehicle Monitoring Systems. The successful candidate must have a keen interest in learning new technology and enjoy the programming aspect of logic. A person with attention to detail is essential. The role will Report to the Technical Manager and be based in Dubai Airport Free Zone.
Responsibilities in this role include:
• Become knowledgeable to a high level in all of our products and solutions from a technical and functional aspect (Training will be provided)
• Manage the set up new configurations across our product range by use of existing software.
• Vehicle Fleet Data base management – configurations changes and monitoring data.
• Technical Support – To our remote client base
• Technical Training – This will require the candidate to have good presentation skills and confident speaking in English and must be able to conduct training courses to our installers and clients if required. (Training Provided)
• Technical Writing – Compiling technical drawings and instruction for our products and solutions.
• Provide technical assistance to colleagues within the company when required.
Some of the systems include:
• GPS Tracking Device
• GPRS data transfer
• Web application – reporting and vehicle tracking
• Logic control programming and data recording device 12 / 24 v DC
• Satellite communications device
Electrical Engineering – Min four years BSC
• Advanced ability to learn new software applications and interfaces.
• Min 2 years experience working with automotive electronics, electrical, Repairs, Diagnostics, and or Installations of electronic systems DC.
• Willing to travel internationally on projects
• Be self motivated and capable of managing small installation projects without supervision.
• Work well in a team environment
• Presentable and good English reading and writing skills.
• Advanced computer and software skills – MS office included.
• Attention to detail, systematic approach to problem solving.
• Professional attitude and behavior, customer focused.
• Highly organised, assertive, decisive and patient.
• Ability to build relationships with both customers and colleagues
• Experience in advanced Automotive Electronics and PLC programming an advantage.
• Experience with Automotive applications an advantage 12 v and 24 v DC systems.
• Experience with installing and programming GPS tracking systems
About the Company
About the Company
MiX Telematics provides a unique approach of combining the development of skills and knowledge, application of behavioural based safety principles and fleet monitoring to achieve real results and enable our clients to accomplish Crash Free Driving. Founded in 1996, MiX Telematics emerged from a background in Fleet Management and Vehicle Tracking. Over a period of more than 10 years, the business has built a solid reputation for designing, developing and selling innovative fleet management technology and vehicle tracking services for the consumer and commercial vehicle market.