Production Planning Engineer (Material Handling)
Abu Dhabi Polymers Company (Borouge)
Borouge is on the way to increase our capacity even further with a multi - billion dollar mega- project called Borouge 3. By the end of 2013 we will have added a 3rd Ethane cracker to create the largest Ethane cracker complex in the world. This new cracker will serve two polyethylene and two polypropylene plants as well as a low density polyethylene plant. All these plants will boast the enhanced Borstar process technology and in total will drive the annual production capacity of our Ruwais operations to 4.5 million tonnes per year. A US $ 1 billion contract was awarded in early 2010 to build the next ethane cracker.
Reporting to the Site Production Planning Manager, you will be part of the Material Handling team and will be responsible for:
* Reviewing 5 years company business plant together with supply team and establish the best long term production plan.
* Preparing and establishing planned and expected production capacity usage through monthly and quarterly plans in order to fulfill sales needs and to maintain most economical capacity usage. Based on that agree and produce a production schedule.
* Maintaining operative sales plan to assure short throughput times and a quick inventory rotation taking into account the optimisation of production sequences to avoid non-aim product and minimize transition due to grade changes or production stops.
* Monitoring production schedule by analyzing detail production schedule with actual produced material, then change or modify the schedule if the actual production is defer from the planned.
* Monitoring production results on a daily basis and adjust as needed. Negotiate proper solutions with marketing and production when supply problem occur.
* Providing 5 years capacity planning as part of plant loading exercise.
* Calculating variable cost for all production plants as part of budgeting processes and communicate with finance for the final figure.
* Calculating long term raw materials requirements as an input for establishing new contract with external raw material suppliers.
* Calculating and communicate the requirements for monomers, catalyst, additives, fillers, master batches and base resins and generate the necessary purchase requests of call-offs.
* Reviewing technical information of new contract from every raw material supplier and advice procurement department with preferable logistics condition.
* Maintaining proper inventory levels for every raw material considering long lead time, storage limitation and fast turnover of the raw materials.
* Monitoring deliveries of the raw materials and contact procurement to get assist from supplier of the actual deliveries.
* Preparing daily production report, weekly production report and monthly site planning department report.
* Master data custodian (create, change and maintain) for the finished good and also for raw materials.
* Creating master recipe and production version as a basic requirement for recipe management execution.
* Monitoring production confirmation and resolve the problem if the error is related with business process.
* Reviewing demand and requirements in the system and resolve the problem together with concern people from supply chain team.
* Adjusting raw material consumptions and finished good production as part of month end closing for finance department.
As a successful candidate you will have:
* Chemical Engineering Bachelor or related Engineering Degree as a minimum.
* Minimum 5 years experience in commercial, business, operations or supply chain environment
* Strong numerical, analytical and organizational skills
* Ability to prioritize
* Experience with SAP and other advanced planning systems
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Good time management, presentation and communication skills
* Strong networking skills
* Strong computer skills
* Attention to details
About the Company
About the Company
Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. Ltd (BOROUGE) is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions. Established in 1998, Borouge is a joint venture between two well-established leaders in the industry – the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and Borealis A/S, one of Europe’s largest polyolefin producers. The partnership brings together combined strengths, superior technology and deep market knowledge that make Borouge a market leader in high-performance polyolefins.