Project Controller - Dubai - Buro Happold
We are currently searching for a Project Controller/Accountant to join our team in Dubai. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a strong track record of 2 5 years working as a project controller/accountant in an engineering company. A degree qualification is highly advantageous but not essential. However an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential to this position.
The successful candidate will act as a the liaison between the Finance and various Project Teams
In this role you will be required to conduct the following duties:
- Project budgets, cash flows, cost accounting and forecasts
- Variation order tracking
- Invoicing and tracking
- Expediting payments
- Monthly and quarterly reporting on project financials actual vs budget per contract award
- Must enforce financial policies and procedures in order to maintain and ensure the integrity of financial data and reporting
- Prepare the project financial reports and review them with the project managers to ensure accuracy of the data with the Project Manager
- Consult Project Mangers before the end of each period to adjust the budget and backlog
- Compiling accurate reports for debt analysis
- Must ensure all invoicing is maximized on all projects.
- Forecast revenue
- Preparation of staff utilisation reports
- Demonstrable experience of between 2 - 5 years of previous experience as a Project Controller/ Accountant
- Excellent Financial Management knowledge
- Project Accounting experience
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong detailed budgeting experience
- The individual must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of UK accountancy practices would be an advantage
- Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting would be advantageous but no essential.
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in Excel or equivalent would be an advantage
Rewards and Benefits:
- Competitive basic salary
- Accommodation Allowance
- Transportation Allowance
- Annual flight allowance
- 22 Days Annual Leave
- Healthcare cover
- Accidental death in service cover
- 2 x professional membership subscriptions
About the Company
Described by our clients as passionate, innovative, collaborative: BuroHappold Engineering is an independent, international engineering practice that over the last 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the worlds leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today.
As an organisation we strive for progress and are committed to finding new and better ways to deliver elegant solutions. We recognise that this can only happen if our people can keep up with, create and implement the latest developments in technology and ideas. We offer learning and development opportunities at every level, to help shape exciting and personally satisfying careers and ensure our engineers stay at the cutting edge of industry thought.