Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The Project Engineer will work under the guidance of the Roads Design Engineer (Senior) and will be assisting in the design of various types of major roadway projects. Projects include design of new highways and upgrading/rehabilitation of existing roads.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Liaison and coordination of assignments with the Roads Design Engineer on daily basis.
• Roadway Design: Responsible for carrying out geometric layouts, horizontal and vertical alignments, site grading, at-grade junctions and/or grade separated interchanges design, pavement analysis, signing, directional signing, and marking
• Liaison with government departments and other agencies to obtain and verify design standards and criteria, and to secure requisite approvals.
• Liaison with clients to report progress, coordinate technical details with other project consultants and to advance schedules.
• Prepare minutes of meetings and other project correspondence.
• Liaise with different disciplines within the design team.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years experience
Specific skills required
• Excellent working knowledge of industry practises/safety/quality management systems
• High level of critical thinking skills
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation is required
• Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Working knowledge with Indesign is prefared
• Software oriented
Person Specification (Personality Attributes)
• Leadership abilities
• Displays initiative
• Attention to detail
• Committed to quality outcomes
• Sound interpersonal & relationship building skills
• Team oriented
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.