Project HSE Coordinator
A Project HSE Coordinator is required for a large multinational engineering and construction firms project, that is based at the Move One facilities in Basra (Az Zubai).
It entails the receiving, storage, loading and trucking of steel pipe to various locations within an approximately 300 km radius as required by the client. There is also a sensitive element that requires the handling and storage of DG products. The facility is an open laydown yard of approximately 42,000 m2 with three warehouses, including a DG storage facility, accommodation and offices. It is totally secure, surrounded by blast walls, double gates and 24 hour armed security.
The Project Health and Safety Coordinator will be able to advise management, demonstrate leadership and train and encourage all workers to include safe work practices in their job performance. The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Develop and conduct health and safety orientations.
- Promote safe work practices.
- Monitor for hazards.
- Conduct site compliance inspections and health and safety audits on a regular basis. Follow through with all corrective action plans.
- Investigate incidents and accidents as required.
- Schedule, lead and track safety meetings.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of required Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
- Complete a report and forward a copy to the Project Manager and the HSSE manager on a weekly basis or as required.
- Assist with emergency first aid as required.
- Develop, promote, track, analyse & follow-up on hazard id's.
- Provide a project health & safety report at the completion of the project
The Project Health & Safety Co-ordinator will advise and work with the existing Management Team to implement health and safety directives. They will demonstrate knowledge of:
- Health & Safety Interface development
- Safety/loss management supervision
- Industry Recommended Practices
- Regulatory requirements
- PPE use
- Hazard identification program
- Accident/incident investigation and reporting
- Emergency Response planning
- Codes of Practice within the industry
- Identification and mitigation of on-site health & safety risks
- Contractor Management.
- Recognized suitable HSE certification.
- Familiarity with safety regulations.
- Familiarity with good safety practices.
- Familiarity with warehouse and yard operations in a busy environment.
- Assertive in implementing and overseeing HSE policies and procedures.
- Able to operate on own initiative within the parameters of applied responsibilities.
- Proficient in English reading and writing. Knowledge Arabic and additional languages beneficial.
About the Company
About the Company
Move One provides time-critical supply chain solutions in the areas of logistics, relocation and moving. Our strategically positioned international offices and partners deliver a door-to-door service unparalleled in the industry. Global experience and on the ground local expertise combined with technological innovation allows us to develop tailored products to meet the needs of our clients. Founded in 1992, Move One has grown aggressively through its pursuit of new markets and results-driven company culture. Head quartered in Dubai UAE, Move One is geographically positioned for further expansion in the logistics world.