Project Manager – Roads and Drainage
PB (Parsons Brinckerhoff)
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been appointed the program management consultant for the construction of more than 200 local roads and drainage projects in Qatar. Due to this we are currently looking to recruit experienced Project Managers with roads/civils experience to work on this major project.
Role Purpose -
The role of the Project Manager will be to plan, coordinate and manage the concept planning, development and implementation phases of the nominated road infrastructure project/s to ensure completion in accordance with required timeframes, cost, quality and service standards. They will be responsible for the delivery of key infrastructure projects.
Specific duties will be tailored to the project requirements but the summary of responsibilities will be as follows:
• Responsible for the delivery of our commission obligations and internal project performance
• Establish effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
• Problem solving and decision making
• Team Leadership, resource management and team allocation
• Controlling the internal and external aspects of projects across a range of contractual agreements
• Mentoring less experienced colleagues on the project
• Providing a high quality service delivery team
• Monitor and report on project progress against predetermined time, cost and quality specifications
• Lead and manage the project team, consultants and contractors to ensure all members are appropriately skilled and utilised, and to ensure deliverable, time and budgetary requirements are met
• Prepare and deliver submissions and reports relating to planning and technical issues, and identify appropriate mitigation strategies to overcome problems or obstacles related to the project/s
• Provide specialist advice to senior management on all aspects of the project and make technical presentations as required
• Understand the PB in the Middle East Q/HSE Policy, Procedures and IMS and ensure implementation and that all work is carried out in accordance with them
Qualifications and Experience:
• Substantial Project Management experience within major roads and infrastructure projects
• Minimum 15 years experience of which 5 years in a senior position
• Experience in managing and leading teams to gain successful outcomes
• Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills
• High degree of commercial acumen
• Previous experience of working on major infrastructure projects
• Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant technical subject
• Professional qualification in relevant discipline
• Middle East experience preferred but not a must
About the Company
About the Company
PB is one of the world's leading planning, engineering, and program and construction management organizations.
Established more than 125 years ago, PB is proud to serve our clients in all facets of Power, Environment, Transportation and Infrastructure projects as well as the overall communities in which we live and work.
Our diverse and comprehensive offerings are a natural extension of our experience and core skills. We help shape some of the world's largest and most important public works projects.
PB defines success by the sustainable value we deliver to clients, communities, our employee-owners and our profession. I invite you to explore how our people, history and expertise are enabling us to accomplish our mission: to be a positive and highly influential force in the development and operation of infrastructure throughout the world.