Are you someone who can pick out an error in an excel spreadsheet from ten paces? Do you notice the typos in the newspaper? If so, and you are also interested in working for a fast paced social enterprise information company, please read on!
Good Source is a research and information consultancy, founded by a former McKinsey consultant, with an innovative social enterprise twist. We run time-consuming process based research tasks for clients including global telephone surveys, online research and on the ground fact-finding. To do this we employ people from marginalised groups in developed and developing countries, and provide unique training and compensation. Our typical clients are a broad range of top tier consulting, private equity, marketing and corporate organizations from the Fortune 500.
Due to fast international growth, we are looking for an efficient project manager who can juggle multiple deadlines, often with limited resources, and yet maintain excellent standards for demanding international clients. Our global headquarters are located in Dubai Media City, however you will be working with teams globally from South America to the Philippines.
You need to have 2-5 years experience in a tough commercial environment, ideally in consulting, a research firm or a fast-paced information based role in another industry, and be happy with 24/7 job expectations. You must be highly analytical, able to understand the crux of a client’s project demands and quickly assess the resources necessary to complete it within a tight deadline. Whilst we cherish our social mission, our clients demand top quality outputs and quality, on time.
You will have had experience of prioritising competing deadlines and multiple teams while consistently delivering top quality results. You will be also provide the high level quality control on projects ensuring there are no anomalies or mistakes before the data is delivered to the client, by applying both logical checks and fast paced research confirmation. We therefore need someone who thinks analytically to find any inconsistencies within a spreadsheet format, and takes pride in the accuracy of their work.
Above all you must be an independent solution finder, who can grasp the exciting opportunity to take part in a successful social enterprise company that is experiencing tremendous growth and needs to build its team to meet demand. We are a small business with big ambitions and looking for future management talent.
Our founding team has a strong delegating and hands off managing style so you need to be confident in your abilities and look for significant job responsibility right away.
• Handling project enquires from clients and advising re timescale, cost and process.
• Creating project specifications, then pull together and brief a research team and set deadlines.
• Project manage throughout, ensuring that deadlines are on track, solving practical problems, ensuring work is of a high standard and the client is kept informed of progress.
• High-level quality check before delivering completed project to client on time and within budget.
• Debrief team post project completion for improvements to process and structure.
• Support recruitment of researchers, internal process and training.
• Cool head and clear analytical thinker. Able to maintain composure under stress.
• Excellent at prioritising deadlines and resources.
• Experience with and strength for data gathering and process. Proficient knowledge of Excel and basic understanding of PowerPoint required.
• Excellent communicator with professional client manner and experience of leading teams.
• Ability to work independently.
• Resourceful at finding data and hard to source information.
• 2-5 years experience in a top tier consulting, research, marketing or management firm.
• International education and work experience.
• Perfect English communication skills. Other major languages a plus.
• Can do attitude.
Compensation and benefits:
• Competitive salary + bonuses, medical insurance, annual flight allowance and work phone.
• International travel to teams and clients.
• 22 days holiday per annum plus UAE public holidays plus 5 days per year working for the Good Source Foundation in a developing country
• Immediate opportunity to take a step up and gain real leadership responsibility, head projects and lead client relationships.
• Excellent career path to top management.
• Opportunity to continue working in a well-run, commercial organisation while doing great social good.
About the Company
Mawhibah is an exciting new business specifically developed to meet the unique recruitment challenges in this region. As our name suggests, (Mawhibah means “Talent” in Arabic), we are focused on ensuring our clients in the GCC have access to the human capital talent required to achieve their business objects within the timeframe needed to capture market opportunities. Mawhibah provides managed project recruitment solutions that ensure our clients have the competitive edge in hiring top talent.
Mawhibah is an EWK International company and has been created in response to demand by our executive search clients who require assistance with peak volumes of recruitment driven by business changes. Clients and candidates are assured of the same values of professionalism, collaboration and quality of service that they have come to expect from EWK International.