Responsible for the overall direction & management for a design and construction contract with a Precinct. Ensures on-schedule completion within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations. The PM is responsible for Contract activities and commercial performances to meet project goals & objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for following up on instructions & commitments associated with the project.
Oversees establishment of Package specific briefs, contracts and procedures. Assists the Project
• Director on matters that cross between Precincts.
• Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
• Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the assigned project or subtask.
• Work with Project Director to develop construction budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project.
• Assists the Project Director to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or schedule delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
• Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
• Some liaison with Technical Services and Shared services personnel for delivery of design, costs, schedules and overall project support.
• Establishes regular meeting to review package status and formulate action items.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Professional Engineer registration is required at this level.
Specific skills required
1. Good working knowledge of local Saudi Arabia infrastructure construction industry practices/safety/quality management systems. Good knowledge of design processes and systems.
2. Thorough knowledge of current technology; must be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
3. High level of critical thinking, numerical and literacy skills in English
4. Good negotiation skills.
5. Ability to work in a matrix organisation
6. Clear Verbal communication skills
7. High level of computer literacy
Person Specification (Personality Attributes)
1. Displays initiative, drive and delivery focus
2. Attention to detail
3. Committed to quality outcomes
4. Sound interpersonal & relationship building skills
5. Team oriented
Minimum 10-20 Years experience, proven track record in managing water utility projects, including sewage/water treatment plants, tunnels, reservoirs, pumping stations, outfalls, pipeline networks. Proven experience working with EPC contractors, and ability to direct a dedicated team of office based and site based individuals on numerous ongoing projects. Good familiarity with PM management systems, FIDIC based contract systems, HSE, QA/QC and risk and value management.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.