Proposal & Marketing Coordinator
Rationale & Integrity
CTG has an immediate requirement for a dynamic self-starter to support our ever increasing proposal submission workload who can work with the company’s senior and executive management to achieve our vision and objectives in managing our HR and Operational support services we provide to our clients on a global basis. It will be the PMC’s sole responsibility to maintain comprehensive oversight and management of these core functions ensuring the company currently award winning proposal is efficiently coordinated and to ultimately expand the number of proposals responded to; as well as enhancing the company’s overall marketing capability and responses.
Proposal & Marketing Coordinator for CTG Global (“CTG”), based in CTG’s Head Office in Dubai, however there will be a requirement for travel from time to time to other of the Company’s offices and its countries of operation including but not limited to its Regional HQ in Nairobi (Kenya), its Support Offices in Afghanistan (etc), as well as other possible locations in developing countries.
I. Bid Procurement, Proposal Writing & Bid Management – overall responsibility to lead the successful development and preparation of complex, award winning and timely submitted proposals on behalf of CTG.
II. Marketing & Public Relations – Responsible for the company’s Marketing (including but not limited to Management, Supply and Design of Brochures, Marketing materials, etc). The management and design of the company’s corporate website and all Public Relations matters.
III. Responsible for the company registration to and review of, all online sites where request for proposal offers are posted.
IV. Work closely with the Commercial Director & Manager on planning submissions, and the company’s sales structure and direction within each proposal submission.
I. Bid Procurement, Proposal Writing & Bid Management
• Collate a list of all procurement (potential and currently utilised) sites (relief, development, government & commercial) and establish a monitoring calendar to ensure all opportunities are acted upon.. Sites should include at least the following [list to be expanded by the PMC]: all UN agencies, UNGM, DEVEX, FedBizOps, DFID, Shell (and other corporate entities in our Areas of Interest e.g. Mining), local government websites in country’s of BD interest (incl. Afghanistan, Kenya and other East African/Middle East countries in which the company operates), etc.
• Responsible for continually tracking all aforementioned procurement sites (as per calendar) for business and proposal opportunities for CTG globally.
• Responsible for maintaining vendor registrations with all procurement sites, potential and current clients.
• Responsible for the initial research of business opportunities (both those published on the internet and those requested by the Commercial Manager &/ Commercial Director).
• Conduct an initial review of all suggested proposals submitted by field and regional staff to confirm if it is in the business’s interest, highlighting any items for the Commercial Managers & Director’s immediate attention with respect to intention to bid, proposal planning and information gathering from internal/external parties. Internal/external resources must be approached immediately to ensure efficient and timely responses so CTG meets its deadline.
• Lead all proposal writing, coordinating a proposal meeting upon receipt of RFP/RFQ/tender/solicitation documents and managing the timeline for input from internal and external parties. Developing and updating plans, schedules, materials and files as necessary.
• Conduct research on proposal related costings, items, companies, competitors, etc as required. The Commercial Manager/Director may request additional research matters in relation to business development from time to time
• Responsible for the publication of ALL company proposals, including word processing, graphics, desktop publishing, production for technical and financial proposal production of all assigned proposals; working closely with both internal and external management for input or efforts.
• Support the Commercial Manager with the procurement of any items, equipment, properties, vehicles or any other item CTG has betrothed to procure in its proposal of any new contract awards.
• Equipment/Services Procurement – Responsible for analysing third party/external proposals/quotations; ensuring that more than one supplier is sourced for each proposal submission. Shall be required to work with the financial teams for pricing information. The ELT may, from time to time, request research support in relation to competitive pricing or other financial matter which may improve the company’s chance of bid success.
• Leads proposal reviews with Management. The PMC is responsible for ensuring correct sign off of all technical and financial proposals as per the Company’s Authority Level’s policy.
• Responsible for ensuring all compliance and government registration requirements are fulfilled as per solicitation requirements and production of any necessary company policy/SOP or other requirement needed to support the company’s bid.
• Leads coordination of Best and Final Offers and other proposal revisions, bid clarifications and similar proposal amendments.
• Act as a subject matter expert in delivery of presentations on CTG’s capabilities, experience, past performance to current and potential clients.
• Responsible for final presentation for all proposals, BAFO and marketing materials/documents/presentations including checks for compliance, clarity, consistency, style and formatting, tables and graphics layout, extensive copy editing and proof reading prior to submission; and the essential timely submission.
• Maintains Library of records, archives and proposal performance database for all company submitted proposals, EOI’s, profiles, bio’s, presentations, marketing materials, etc to date. Manage the proposal cost analysis and after action reports for the Executive Leadership Team’s future strategic planning and budgeting.
• Determines and develops proposal models and templates. Collating all current marketing/past performance extracts and statements for proposals and maintain such as a “proposal master” for ease of efficient and timely response to requirements.
• Supports CTG’s Management at time of contract award with ensuring that all elements of the proposal are clearly identified so to ensure that the company’s legal binding contract with its client has no area which might be detriment to the company. Distributing final proposals, pricings and amendments/clarifications to the Commercial and Regional/Country Managers and other start up support as required.
• Creates a Contract Award Information Document (CAID) (similar to that produced for CTG’s Global UN LTA) for CTG Management to ensure adherence to RFP and proposal in management of the contract.
• The PMC controls the distribution of proposals and related documents – considered company confidential documentation.
II. Marketing & Public Relations
• Responsible for the updating, design and management of the Company’s Website; including constant review for performance and special announcements (such as latest news.)
• Responsible for all liaison with the Company’s Graphic Designer(s).
• Responsible for the company’s complete set, modification and additions for all marketing paperwork, including but not limited to brochures, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
• Responsible for the production, sourcing, ordering and timely delivery of marketing materials and gifts, hand outs, etc.
• Manage all aspects of CTG’s stands/pitches for any corporate event that CTG wishes to have a presence at; reviewing and managing all conference organisers and advertisers approaches and supporting the Commercial Director with the requisite information to decide which conferences should be attended by whom and suitable advertising opportunities.
• Support the Management with production of presentation documents, speeches, press releases, and other Marketing and PR matters where directed and as required. Keeping abreast of awards and other PR opportunities which may be available/relevant to the company.
• Responsible for ensuring Regional, Support and country/field offices have access to up-to-date marketing materials and elements. The PMC is responsible for designing a Style Guide Policy for the company ensuring staff adhering to the company’s branding policy and printing qualities (for brochures, business cards, etc).
• Accompany the Commercial Manager/Director as requested to visit potential clients, attend and present at summits and trade shows globally, and other international and national business travel as may be required to fulfil proposal requirements.
Upwards Commercial Manager however direction and guidance shall also come from the ELT directly.
Qualifications & Attributes
The successful candidate will be able to work results-driven and without direct supervision.
• Experience in proposal development, capture planning and proposal writing, contract budgeting and proposal cost formulation;
• Experience writing proposals in response to blind tenders, those specifically in relation to the UN, Federal/USAID/USDOD/USACE/US Government/etc, DFID/AUSAID/NZAID/etc, and other Governments, Donors and Agency acquisition procedures, policies and tenders);
• Expertise in putting together corporate sales literature;
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English;
• Second language to business written level in either French and/or Spanish would be an enormous advantage;
• Experience working in the MENA region;
• Expert word processing and IT skills, including comprehensive capabilities in Microsoft Office (essential Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook express) with Windows 7 operating system;
• Proficiency with desktop publishing/graphics software such as CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator;
• Speed typing essential; minimum 50 wpm;
• The ability to work efficiently under stressful conditions with multiple and extremely tight deadlines and changing priorities to produce a high volume of high-quality material with meticulous attention to detail;
• Flexibility and adaptability to work overtime, often with short notice, to meet deadlines – overtime is likely to include late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays;
• Honesty and reliability;
• An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion;
• Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, an effective planner with proven time management skills is necessary; attention to detail, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility with great team liaison skills;
• Experience and knowledge of Human Resource Management will be a highly favourable attribute however this is not essential.
• Ambitious and enthusiastic about joining a rapidly growing business and our energetic management team;
• Preferably already based in Dubai.
CTG will issue an unlimited duration contract (reviewed annually) with a 3 month probation period.
Remuneration (inclusive of basic salary, housing and transportation allowances)
Benefits include: 22 working days annual leave plus national holidays, Christmas and Easter; UAE Visa; Travel and Healthcare Insurance policies in place for employee and dependents.
Working hours: Sunday – Thursday; 9am – 6pm however this designation shall be expected to devote weekends and evenings to the company for business reasons/business travel for no additional remuneration. The level of work and overtime has been considered in determining the company’s offered remuneration package.
Please apply online.
Dubai, UAE based residents/applicants will have priority in the selection process.
URGENT APPOINTMENT therefore deadline for applications is 2300 (Dubai time) on 31 July 2012.
About the Company
About the Company
CTG Global is a Human Resources Service Company specializing in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, Human Resources support services and Monitoring & Evaluation in post disaster and post conflict countries around the world.
CTG Global provides services to humanitarian organizations, government, non-governmental organizations, businesses, security companies and individuals that enables them to focus on their core business and the achievement of their objectives in hostile and threatening environments as we provide a safe and secure environment for them to do so and alleviate them of their risks, crisis and personnel management problems.