QA Engineer (IT)
Quality is the key objective of monitoring for Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
Monitoring will therefore focus on the effectiveness of a service, process, tool, organization or Configuration Item (CI). The emphasis is not on assuring real time service performance; rather it is on identifying where improvements can be made to the existing level of service, or IT performance. Monitoring for CSI will therefore tend to focus on detecting exceptions and resolutions.
For example, CSI is not as interested in whether an incident was resolved, but whether it was resolved within the agreed time, and whether future incidents can be prevented.
CSI is not only interested in exceptions, though. If a Service Level Agreement is consistently met over time, CSI will also be interested in determining whether that level of performance can be sustained at a lower cost or whether it needs to be upgraded to an even better level of performance. CSI may therefore also need access to regular performance reports.
• Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization
• Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements
• Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain service delivery
• Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
• Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation
• Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated
• Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks
• Writing technical and management systems reports
• Bringing together staff of different disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures
• Persuading reluctant staff to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods.
• Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved
• Maintaining awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues
• Agreeing standards and establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply.
• Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
• Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
• Liaising with customers’ auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications
• Establishing standards of service for customers or clients
• Preparing clear explanatory documents such as customers’ charters
• Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
• Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training
• Collect data and analyze trends compared to baselines, targets, SLAs and benchmarks
• Set targets for improvements in service quality and resource utilization
• Measure, report and communicate on service improvement initiatives
Education / Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in an applied science or engineering field
Skills and Experience
• Worked as a Quality Engineer in a Hi-tech environment for at least 5 years toatal
• Familiarity with Outsourcing operations
• Customer orientated
• ITIL foundation certification
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization
• Experience in quality management systems
• Experience in quality system audits
• Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes
• Willingness to travel when required
• Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development
About the Company
About the Company
XB Consultants is a London based recruitment consultancy that provides local, international and cross border Recruitment solutions. The company recruits and resources mid to senior level professional staff on a temporary, contract and permanent basis. XB Consultants provides a highly skilled and experienced consultant base for their clients and candidates that is able to act quickly, accurately and proactively on their behalf and consult on realistic market conditions, salary expectations and recruitment timescales.
XB Consultants endeavours to provide an excellent customer focused recruitment service coupled with an intelligent, consultative and honest approach towards its clients and candidates. We maintain service levels of the highest standard to provide quick response times, search accuracy for both clients and candidates and full consultative advice.