QA/QC Inspector (Fresh Foods / Military Contracts)
Supply Chain Management Services
Based in Kazakhstan, Almaty/Shymkent
$130,000 USD per annum
Our client, a leading Supply Chain Solutions firm is currently seeking a QA/QC Inspector with perishable food product experience, in Central Asia.
If you're a Fresh Food / Produce experienced professional looking for a new career challenge, this could be an ideal opportunity for you with this hugely successful supply chain organization. You will have the opportunity to grow the quality program to support a major contract, in an environment where you will be given the opportunity to flex your skills, supported by innovative technologies. In this role, the job-holder will be required to work independently, reporting to the Program Quality Manager based in Dubai. Will develop a quality program that will ensure the fresh fruit and vegetables, and local market ready items (bakery, dairy products etc.) provided by the supplier/s meet or exceed the quality and packaging standards required.
To be considered for this role, you must have a proven track record of success in the quality arena of perishable food product range within a retail or wholesale environment. You will have developed first class quality assurance and control skills as well as the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. You must also be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, strong ethical standards along with an outstanding attention to detail.
• Report directly to the Program QA/QC Manager – Dubai.
• Initiate and maintain a quality program to ensure all Fresh Food & Vegetable (FF&V) and Local Market Ready (LMR) products are meet or exceed specifications and standards required, correct quantities and packaging.
• Initiate and maintain a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) for the services provided on all freight sub-contracts.
• Ensuring suppliers and service providers develop acceptable Corrective Action Plans as/if required.
• Develop, monitor and report QA/QC metrics.
• Maintain quality inspection records.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both internally and externally.
• Understand and uphold company’s core values and its established code of business ethics conduct.
Education/Experience Requirements / Preferences:
• 5+ years of experience in the quality field of perishable produce industry.
• Strong preference for DLA, Subsistence Prime Vendor experience.
• Deep knowledge of perishable market produce and standards.
• Lean Six Sigma qualification a preference.
• College degree preferred.
• Excellent Russian and English skills (written and spoken).
About the Company
About the Company
Logistics Executive has been established for more than 10 years and delivers professional Executive Search & Recruitment services to the global Logistics and Supply Chain market.
Our service covers the full spectrum of senior roles within the Logistics & Supply Chain vertical and includes support functions such as Finance & HR. We are also able to provide Interim Managers and Supply Chain Consultants on short or limited term contracts.
Our knowledge and reach in the Logistics & Supply Chain sector usually means that we can provide better candidates than the ‘generalist’ search firms.
We provide a suite of HR & Talent Management consultancy services to the industry including Outplacement, Executive Coaching, Psychometric testing, Assessment, Performance Reviews and Leadership Development programmes.
The Dubai Regional Office covers Africa, Middle East, Central Asia / CIS, South Asia and the surrounding regions - however we source candidates globally through our international network.
Our other international offices cover Europe, S.E. Asia and Asia Pacific.