After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
QC Inspector – Welding
Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC / CCIC)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
We are looking for QC Inspectors Welding to work in U.A.E..
The position is reporting to the QC Engineer and the principal duties include:
- Establishing that welding procedures are available at shop floor, have been approved as required and are being employed in welding production.
- Witnessing of welder and procedure approval tests, where necessary.
- Verifying that adequate and valid welder approvals are available and that only approved welders are used in production.
- Performing visual inspection of welds including:
• Verifying parent material identity
• Verifying correctness of welding consumables
• Verification that dimensions, fit-up and weld preparations are in accordance with WPS' and drawings
• In-process welding surveillance to verify compliance with specified procedure including any preheat, interpass temperature control and post heat requirements
- Completing and endorsing all inspection records from initial inspection till final acceptance of the weldments.
- Maintaining interface with the Client (at the shop level) to ensure that all contractual and code requirements are met as far as the inspection scope is concerned.
The position requires as a minimum:
a) a Technical Engineering Diploma
b) appropriate valid certification from AWS or CSWIP or equivalent, as Welding Inspector.
Applying candidates should also have at least 5 years of experience as QC Inspector of which at least 3 years in piping/welding inspection. At least 2 years of experience in inspection of oil, gas and petrochemical projects. Experience in welding inspection or fabrication of piping and vessels to international codes (ASME, AWS) is also required.
Inspector shall have a demonstrated background and thorough knowledge of codes such as ANSI B31.3, 31.4 and 31.8, ASME section V and IX, AWS D1.1. or API 620 and 650 (when performing inspection of storage tank joints).
About the Company
Fifty years ago, the letters CCC represented a little more than the partnership of three ambitious young men in Aden. Today these initials embrace the ambitions and welfare of over 69,000 employed, composed of more than 60 nationalities, in almost every country of the Middle East & Africa. At the end of 2004, CCCs total revenues were in excess of U.S. $2.1 billion dollars. The construction activities of CCC extending over most of the Middle East, cover fields in:
- Heavy Civil Construction: power plants, bridges and highway interchanges, harbor and docks, and civil work for process plants and the petrochemical industry.
- Highways, roads and airports.
- Water and Sewage treatment plants, pumping stations and all related networks.
- Mechanical Construction: fabrication and installation of piping, erection of equipment and vessels, structural steel works for light industry and heavy mechanical works (refineries, petrochemical plants, gas oil separation plants, oil loading and off loading terminals).
- Pipelines for water, gas and oil.
- High Quality Buildings.