Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the job is to develop the QHSE section through continual refinement and development of robust property specific QHSE policies, designed to eliminate or mitigate adverse health and safety conditions, whilst instilling a culture of environmental awareness within the property asset management sector, through effective training and communication. The successful candidate will based at Zayed University
· Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of the company wide IMS management systems based on integration and adaptation of recognized QHSE management systems criteria.
· Oversee delivery of the company’s emergency program activities, such as emergency and fire plans.
· Oversee the delivery and ongoing certification of ISO 9001, ISO 14000 and OHSA 18000 Standards.
· Assess existing QHSE systems and policies for regulatory compliance, fit for purpose and ease of use and make recommendations as necessary.
· Interact and consult with the section heads on appropriate IMS management systems elements.
· Attend design, commissioning and operational meetings and provide HSE insight to the attendees.
· Carry out internal audits or other HSE reviews within organisations and develop processes to eliminate or mitigate the risks identified.
· Researches and writes reports and recommendations for enhancements or changes to existing systems.
· Active participant in accident investigations and workplace inspections.
· Identify and develop processes to eliminate the root cause of OH&S System deviations, in corrective actions on non-conformances.
· Review the safety performance of the company and related contracted entities periodically and prepare the required reports, risk assessments, action plans and accident investigation.
· Participating in regular safety meetings at diverse project locations within Abu Dhabi.
· Liaise with Abu Dhabi civil defence and Municipality to ensure compliance with HSE and environmental law and codes of practice.
· Assist to deliver Strategic Real Estate Services outcomes.
· Assist Management with planning and policy development.
· Other duties as directed from time to time by management.
· Ensure compliance with the company IMS relevant to the position.
· Degree level qualification
· Formal qualifications or extensive experience (Min 8 years) in a QHSE discipline
· Lead Auditor
· IOSH managing safely
· Exposure to the property and/or facility management sector
· Solid understanding of ISO 9000 & 14000 and OHSAS 18000
· Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines
· Ability to work in a team or individual basis
· Ability to motivate and manage others
· Good communication and observation skills
· Excellent command of the English Language
· Able to deal with members of the public in an official capacity
· First Aid Certificate
· Fire Marshall Training
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.