Quality & Medication Safety Officer
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- Responsible for coordinating medication safety best practices within the medication use system at CCAD
- Assist in coordinating and review of organization-wide medication error reporting program
- Develop and coordinate on-going Quality Improvement program to ensure compliance with the regulations and standards of HAAD and JCIA
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the management and use of medication error information. Reviews internal error reports and utilizes information from external reporting (e.g. ISMP Medication Safety, MOH, HAAD, etc.)
- Manages medication errors reporting, review, investigate to determine root cause, and data entry into database in collaboration with pharmacy managers. Analyzes data and determines trends for process improvement, develops the required measures to eliminate the likelihood occurrence of errors
- Facilitates changes needed to meet JCIA, MOH, HAAD and other standards of international accreditation organization.
- Participates in all hospital committees related to medication safety and medication adverse occurrences, and assist in settings annual goals for medication safety improvement.
- Assist the assistant director of pharmacy in organizing and administering the hospital pharmacy programs. Ensure the senior director of pharmacy is informed of all matters relating to pharmacy and its activities
- Provides guidance and direction to managers and staff in issues related to medication safety and quality in carrying our pertinent responsibilities
- Responsible for dissemination, interpretation, and practice of departmental and hospital policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assures that JCIA standards and requirements for quality improvement are known and that the pharmacy is in compliance
- Implements and updates the policy and procedure manual to meet JCIA requirements
- Interprets standards and performance improvement processes to pharmacy personnel
- Submits a monthly pharmacy productivity report to the senior director of pharmacy Services
- Minimum of at least seven years (7) experience as a hospital pharmacist is required, of which five (5) should be as a clinical pharmacist providing pharmaceutical care
- Knowledge of learning theories and pharmacy concepts and practices
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Evidence of teaching/mentoring other pharmacists is preferred
- Evidence of Research Activity is preferred
- Proficient in the use of PCs, spreadsheets and other databases
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is preferred
- BSc and Msc or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy Required
- Current National license Required
- Board Certification or Residency in Clinical Pharmacy preferred
About the Company
About the Company
The hospital will be a unique and unparalleled extension of the Cleveland Clinic model, providing a spectrum of specialty services that are designed to cater to the healthcare needs of Abu Dhabi and the region. Like its counterpart in the United States, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will be led and staffed by physicians who are western-trained and board-certified. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will include a multispecialty tertiary care center and adjacent clinic. It will offer the most advanced tertiary/quaternary medical services in the region through a comprehensive range of specialties and subspecialties. The hospital will have
the latest technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine and electronic medical records. An integrated clinic-hospital design will serve local and international patients in an environment that combines excellent amenities with world-class medical care.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will provide a number of career opportunities, and the medical professionals will receive ongoing training directly from Cleveland Clinic.