Quality Tester – Al Futtaim Motors
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Motors occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to Toyota's worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Motors is synonymous with Toyota and Lexus, which enjoys undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. Besides Toyota, AF Motors also holds exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries and many more.
To provide full back-up support to these world-class franchises, AF Motors have an established network of showrooms and service & parts centres throughout the UAE.
We are looking to identify experienced Quality Testers to join our Toyota Workshop in Dubai. You will be responsbile for the final control and quality control of the Toyota workshop vehicles to ensure all vehicle repairs are of the highest quality.
The main responsibilities of the role will include (but not be limited to):
* To carry out pre diagnosis steps to ensure customer complaints are clearly identified prior to the vehicle entering the workshop.
* To ensure all relevant technical trends are communicated to the Workshop Manager for processing.
* To assist the relevant team members with hands on technical assistance and advice.
* To inform the Workshop Manager of any highly technical faults that may need assistance to repair.
* On occasions will be required to attend outside technical assistance to customers.
* Carry out daily quality control testing as per Toyota guidelines to ensure all performed work is to the highest standard.
* Submit a detailed weekly quality control report to the workshop manager to identify possible trends and training requirements.
* To monitor return work and identify possible trends with repairs and employees
* Report all equipment failures for immediate repairs to the Workshop Team Leader
* Ensure the workshop and workshop equipment is kept to a high standard and cleanliness at all times.
* To monitor the department CSI achievement and implement corrective measures where needed to achieve the department CSI target.
* Identify department training needs and coordinate with the workshop manager to implement individual training plans for each employee inclusive of a department training records.
* To ensure the department SOP are adhered to at all times
* The selected candidate must have the following skills and experience;
* Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
* A Minimum of 5 years experience as a Toyota vehicle Technician
* Be a Qualified Diagnostic Technician or equivalent
* Automobile related diploma/certificate
* Must have a good command of the English Language and Arabic is preferable
* Strong Mechanical / Electrical knowledge
* SAP experience is an advantage
* Possess a valid UAE driving license
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.