Regional Communications Manager
The British Embassy houses a small regional communications hub aimed at making the British Government’s engagement with audiences in the Middle East more interactive and dynamic, in both traditional media and social media, and in both English and Arabic.
Duties & Responsibilities
Produce original articles, stories and blog posts in Arabic.
Devise and implement ideas and campaigns for enhancing the reach and impact of the British government’s media engagement - in both traditional and social media - across the region.
Engage on social media platforms in the name of the British government.
Monitor and manage regional websites and social media sites.
Engage with colleagues in the Middle East and in London on communications and social media issues.
• Arabic native speaker with exceptional written and oral skills in Arabic and English.
• Proven track record in the field of communications (eg as journalist or PR expert) in the Arab world.
• Advanced proof-reading and editing skills.
• Advanced knowledge of content management systems, social media tools and associated software (MS Office suite, Adobe editing suite, Google Analytics etc.)
• Basic HTML programming and IT skills.
• Strong interest in politics and foreign policy issues.
• Team player.
• Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
• Track record of proactive delivery of results with minimal supervision.
• Track record of working with on-line and digital media
• Extensive experience in customer care.
• Proven track record in Project and Resource Management
Key Selection Criteria
• Strategic Awareness
• Self Starter
• Delivering Results
• Managing External Relationships
• Working with others
• Problem Solving and Judgement
Working Hours and Salary
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: salary of AED 22,866- per month inclusive, Band 17; performance bonus; five weeks’ vacation per annum; medical insurance; free on-site parking ; and free access to on-site swimming pool, gymnasium and sports facilities.
The conditioned working hours for this role are 38 hours per week; standard working hours are from 07.30 am to 2.30 pm on Sunday to Thursday, with flexible starting and finishing times. The successful candidate may be required to work outside normal working hours and during weekends; compensation will be in the form of time off in lieu.
Please apply online and ensure that upload CVs include a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria along with a brief analysis in English (no more than 500 words) on the key communication challenges for the UK in the Middle East and how the UK can get its message across better. This should be submitted in a .doc (word) file format by MS Office 1997- 2003.
Only applications which meet these criteria will be considered. Potential candidates for the position will be invited to take a short written assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited back for an interview.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures.
Closing date for applications: 1 January 2013
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, religion, belief, marital status, creed or age.
About the Company
About the Company
The British Embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai represent Her Majesty's Government in the United Arab Emirates. The Embassy in Abu Dhabi is the focus for bilateral relations between Britain and the Federal Government. The Embassy in Dubai supports the bilateral relationship but with a strong focus on developing trade and economic ties between Britain and Dubai and the Northern Emirates.