Repair Technician – Construction Equipment – FAMCO
Al Futtaim Group
FAMCO (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) is a market leading supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors. FAMCO serves these industries with world-class brands like Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Merlo, Ingersoll Rand, Linde, Dexion, Yanmar, Himoinsa, Stanley Proto, Fenner, Bruynzeel, Mobel Linea, Meco, Bott, Stertil, Hart & Nassau.
FAMCO has operations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain & Ras Al Khaimah. The company's development and success has been based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the dedication of its skilled staff.
FAMCO is committed to providing outstanding second-to-none service levels to customers and to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards at the highest possible levels. FAMCO is an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 certified company.
We are looking to recruit an experiencedÂ Repair Technician - Construction Equipment to join our FAMCO service operations in Abu Dhabi.
The Key Accountabilities of this role will include;
* Repairing and servicing equipment according to dealer/distributor standards and within the flat rate time
* Ensuring assigned service jobs are executed in line with established work procedures, time standards and housekeeping standards, so that the overall objectives of productivity are met or exceeded
* Ensuring customer's equipment are consistently fixed right the first time
* Making efficient use of existing facilities equipment and other workshop resources to ensure increase customer satisfaction and reduce comeback jobs while
* Supporting the workshop to maintain a positive image and ensure more repeat referrals and business output
* Performing quality control checks on all equipment
* Adhering strictly to technical specifications as laid down by manufacturer, or as instructed by management
* Noting the description of all work performed on the back of repair order if required
* Tagging all warranty replaced body parts according to laid down rules and handing to Warranty or Parts Dept
* Possessing a complete set of tools, as per distributor requirements, and maintaining in good working order
* Accepting responsibility for supporting apprentices/helpers via training/explanation/practice, the necessary skills required to perform the job correctly, thereafter to inspect/monitor the work and rectify any problems.
The selected candidate will have theÂ following skills and experience:
* Experience with all types of repair work, including front end work, engines, drive trains, electrical and major repairs on Construction Equipment
* Ability to assist Foreman / Service Advisor on proper repair order write-up
* Ability to perform accurate diagnosis and repair procedures
* Ability to write repair estimate report
* Capability to follow the system of quality control inspection in order to prevent or correct faulty workmanship which falls below standard
* You will be a strong team player, with the ability to produce excellent standards of work on a consistent basis
* Vocational certification covering Automotive courses
* Will be working within a heavy construction equipment environment
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to understand English as the medium of communication
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.