Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF)
The Research Assistant will be responsible for identifying, collecting, organizing analyzing and disseminating information on gas market conditions to enhance the Forum's awareness and make better decisions in order to maintain the Forum’s interests.
1. Manages the Forum’s information resources, including identification and selection of sources of information;
2. Provides concrete recommendations to the Energy & Gas Market Analysis department on prospect strategy and priorities;
3. Prioritizes research activities, such as monitoring gas market conditions.
4. Carrying out research projects as required by the EB and/or Secretary General;
5. Populate, organize and maintain shared information systems; and
6. Conducts preparing data pertaining to natural gas, LNG and CNG production and consumption to be injected into the prepared data banks in the Forum.
Citizenship: Member Country
Age: 45 maximum
Languages: Good command of written and spoken English
Education: BSc. / B.A in Economics, Statistics, or related Sciences
Readiness to travel: To be adjusted according to business necessity
At least 5 years experience in research projects and successful track records.
Experience in the management of information systems.
Demonstrated capacity to carry out research.
2.Knowledge and skills:
• Experience in management of information resources, including identification of sources, collection of market information, monitoring of subscriptions, maintaining database and shared information systems.
• Understanding of research principles and techniques;
• Analytical and independent thinking
• Analytical writing
• Ability to work in international and professional team environment
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in team while meeting deadlines
• Commitment to quality work and strong attention to details
About the Company
About the Company
GECF, originally established in 2001 as Forum, was transformed in 2008 in the international governmental organization registered with the UN. With its established Headquarters and the Secretariat in the State of Qatar, GECF gathers world leading gas producing countries (13 members and 3 observers), including Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Norway, Qatar, Russia, UAE, Venezuela and others.
GECF aims to provide the framework among its members for exchanging experience, views, information and coordination in gas exploration and production trends; supply-demand balance for gas; developments of gas markets (regional and global); gas transportation and etc.