After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Research Technician II
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Research Technician II
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Job Location: Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Research
Specialist in light microscopy core facility to operate microscopes and assist users with their research project
• Operate and maintain state-of-the-art confocal microscopes and other optical microscopy systems available at the core lab such as epi-fluorescence microscopes, live cell imaging systems, laser micro-dissection system , stereoscopes and imaging workstations for the biological applications.
• Provide both technical (data acquisition) and scientific (data interpretation) support to KAUST users.
• Conduct analysis to ensure high quality data being produced from the microscopes.
• Train the users (faculties and students ).
• Cell culture
• Coordinate, schedule and perform maintenance of the microscope when needed.
• Housekeep instrument activity record and prepare equipment operating procedure document.
Organization: Research & Development Management
Division: Core Labs and Major Facilities
• Bachelor degree in Science or Engineering with 3 years experience or
• Master's Degree in Science or Engineering
• Laboratory experience in cell biology, biochemistry or biophysics is highly desirable.
• Hands-on experience of tissue processing and sectioning (cryostat), histology, and immunochemical procedures (paraffin embedding).
• Extensive DIC, wide field, epi-fluorescence and confocal microscopy experience.
• Extensive hands-on experience with mammalian cell line and primary cell culture.
• Extensive live cell imaging experience.
• Extensive experience with mammalian and plant cells staining with various types of fluorescent dyes and immuno-histo-chemical techniques.
• Experience with digital photography and image processing. Various hands-on molecular biology technique experience, such as PCR, FISH, western blot, cell assay, and microarray, is a plus
• Interdisciplinary background, microscope repair or micro biomedical device experience is a plus.
• Excellent technical skills, scientific knowledge and ability to work in a team with faculty, staff and students in ensuring high quality imaging of biological samples.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes:
• Willing to work in a service environment.
• Good English communication skills
• Strong ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
About the Company
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a brand new institution that’s set to inspire the next era of global scientific achievement. Opening in September 2009 we’re recruiting many exciting roles. One could be yours.