Resident Engineer (Earthworks)
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
Transportation We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Direct responsibility for leading the delivery of the earthworks contract package utilizing FIDIC Conditions of Contract. Responsible for managing and coordinating a construction management team to verify contractor compliance with the contract docments including quality and schedule. Manages Contractor interfaces. Reports
directly to the Construction Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. As Resident Engineer, responsible for oversight and coordination of the earthworks construction contract. Manage a construction management team for delivery of the contract package. Manage contractor interfaces with other packages.
2. During the tender process, assist the Earthworks Package Manager to prepare tender evaluation criteria, tender documents and notice to tenderers. Participate in the tender evaluation process and assembly of contract documents in conjunction with the contract administrator.
3. Set, manage and control delivery of all contract package objectives - including scope, quality, budgets, schedules, stakeholder interfaces, communication/reporting, environmental compliance and H&S.
4. Establish and maintain effective communication with the contractor and internal support function managers (technical, commercial, procurement, communications, HR, etc).
5. Participate in the management of external interfaces with key stakeholders including the client, the Design and Environmental Consultants, future port operators, major suppliers, contractors, Qatar government agencies, etc.
6. Build team competence by conducting regular review sessions, identifying training needs and providing day to day guidance. Build bridges within the AECOM family.
7. Utilize knowledge, persuasion and negotiation skills to resolve critical issues and problems with the Contractor. Manage inspection team to deliver a world class project in accordance with the schedule and quality dictated by the contract documents.
8. Use extensive relevant construction experience to proactively anticipate and prevent problems before they arise.
9. Undertake risk management responsibilities as they apply to the dredging and reclamation.
10. Verify contractor's application for Interim Payment Certificate utilizing the CM team including Quantity Surveyor, Contract Administrator, inspectors reports and other record documentation.
Formal degree in engineering. Registered Professional Engineer.
Specific skills required
1. Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Excellent problem solving, initiative and analytical skills. Excellent leadership skills - able to agree objectives and deliver.
2. Strong commercial focus.
3. Experience with large dredging projects involving both soil and rock and land reclamation setting.
4. Emphasize importance of environmental compliance.
Person Specification (Personality Attributes)
1. Comfortable in communicating at all levels with key stakeholders including the Client, Contractors, Consultants and Government Agencies as necessary.
2. High levels of personal integrity, flexibility and cultural awareness.
3. Ability to remain calm under pressure and to set priorities for team members.
4. Proactive and forward thinking.
Extensive (20 years+) earthworks experience with a track record of successful project delivery on major projects.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.