Resident Engineer – Infrastucture/ Utility/ Structures/ Highways
BPW Global Search
Please Note: Current Positions filled. Next round will be October 2012.... we will be collecting cv's for this next round.
I am looking for Resident Engineers to Senior RE’s to be based in Qatar. I have multiple roles with Consulting clients in major Roads, Infrastructure, Utilities and structures for projects covering highways, water treatment and other major infrastructure developments.
You will be responsible for;
Ensuring that the specific sections of the works are constructed in accordance with the contract requirements.
Check contractor’s submissions and shop drawings
Respond to contractor’s requests for information
Liaise with the Coordinator for the relocation, diversions and connections of utilities and/or other authorities, contractors or consultants who interface with the project.
Monitor site safety and liaise with the Safety Engineer.
Liaise with the Traffic Management Engineer to ensure timely planning and implementation of traffic detours.
Keep comprehensive records of works done and labour and plant returns.
Assist the Planning engineer to monitor progress and to notify the management team of any potential delays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for administration of construction contract works, and assist with prompt exchange of correspondence, submittals, and RFI's to all contractors.
2. Manage and supervise the construction inspection staff on a daily basis.
3. Supervise all aspects of the construction activities. Respond with appropriate and necessary levels of construction supervision to provide quality assurance in accordance with contract documents.
4. Coordinate the interface of the construction work with other contractors on the site. Verify that contractor is following his approved site Health & Safety plan.
5. Assist QS team in negotiations with the contractor regarding the value of claims or changes in schedule.
6. Review the contractor's progress at all times. Monitor the material incorporated in the work, the materials stored at the site, and the contractor's manpower and equipment.
7. Attend weekly, monthly, and other progress meetings held at the site as required. Identify constraints and recommend corrective measures.
8. Review reports, and general daily activities including works assignments, on-site performance, and guidance on the supervision of the contractor's operations.
9. Coordination with contractor's supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence, and method of work.
10. Continuous inspections and consultation including the preparation of written and oral reports on contractual and procedural matters.
Candidates will be degree qualified Civil Engineers with a minimum of 15 years experience in Design/ management and supervision of major Infra works, with at least 5 years as RE.
You will be chartered P.E, MICE or other specific national recognised professional PE certification.
Package are from 37,900 QR to 50,000 depending on experience. 4x4 car, Flights tickets and Premium healthcare cover is also provided.
About the Company
About the Company
We are a niche International Search and Selection Consultancy specialising in professional executive appointments within:
• Real Estate - Developers, Client Organizations, PMC/ PQS, Construction Management, JVP, Design & Consulting
• Finance - Banking, Funding, Accounting & Auditing, Financial Services
• Law - In House Counsel, Paralegal, Solicitor/ Legal Counsel
• Consultancy - Design, Planning, Sustainability, Master Planning
• Corporate - Operational, IT, Sales & Marketing, Communication & Corporate Governance
• Industry - Consultancy, Innovation, FMCG, Manufacturing, Logistics, IT & Technologies, Oil & Gas
BPW offer a complete 360 degree solution to a client's talent sourcing need. Our success is a result of hard work, industry knowledge and experienced teams focused in key market sectors.
Our focused, tailored and programmed approach targets the best people in the market offering the best candidate pool in a client's search. Our products are tailored to the wants and needs of the client, offering a bespoke solution.