Restaurant Manager – IHOP
For 53 years, the IHOP family restaurant chain has served its world famous pancakes and a wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items that are loved by people of all ages. IHOP offers its guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. As of March 31, 2011, there were 1,513 IHOP restaurants in 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Canada, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Kuwait-based M.H. Alshaya Co., WLL has signed a multi-restaurant franchise agreement with IHOP for the development of 40 new IHOP Restaurants in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain and Egypt. The agreement marks the first major expansion of the IHOP chain outside of North America and represents the largest international development deal in the brand's history.
Alshaya is now looking for those individuals who are highly motivated, ambitious, and results-oriented that can help in launching IHOP in the Middle East. You are the missing ingredient in our recipe for success.
The General Manager directs the operation of an assigned unit by performing the duties outlined below.
These include the following:
* Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP restaurant hourly employees, Corporate and Regional employees, and guests.
* Implement the Craft Training program for all restaurant hourly employees to improve unit operations and the guest experience.
* Execute annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service, and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit as defined by the current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and current operations plan.
* Manage the restaurant floor and focus on regular contact with guests. Maintain the frequency of guest complaints within acceptable limits and handle complaints in a professional and timely manner. Ensure approved comment cards are in use and acted upon.
* Comply with federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the assigned unit.
* Recruit, train and retain employees as defined by the current SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit. Maintain turnover within acceptable limits. Conduct ongoing coaching and administer the restaurant hourly compensation plan. Assure performance appraisals and that merit increases (if applicable) are given as scheduled. Properly document performance problems. Communicate and enforce policies on 1) sexual harassment, 2) discrimination, and 3) diversity. Maintain crew member appearance and uniform standards.
* Ensure food is in compliance with SOP in the areas of specifications, recipes, plating, and garnishes. Ensure food is presented well and served at appropriate temperatures, within standard ticket times.
* Ensure adequate levels of food, paper, kitchen, safety, janitorial, uniform, linen, and miscellaneous supplies. Set and adhere to pars. Order food on a timely basis. Keep inventory to a minimum with no out-of-stock items.
* Ensure the proper operational condition of equipment, building structure, and premises according to federal regulations and SOP. Keep appliances and equipment well maintained. Keep smallwares, glassware, and china adequately stocked. Maintain the interior and exterior appearance of the restaurant.
* Ensure sanitation practices are maintained according to federal, state, and local regulations and SOP. Ensure that food is properly stored (labeled, dated, and rotated) and proper temperatures are maintained. Enforce and monitor a deep cleaning schedule. Train employees on proper personal hygiene and food handling.
* Develop and maintain a safety program in the restaurant that incorporates a safety committee, safety meetings, and information on the use of safety tools and procedures. Keep the frequency of accidents within acceptable limits.
* Ensure security practices as defined by SOP. Keep the back door of the restaurant and the doors to the office locked at all times. Control guest checks and follow proper register/cash-handling procedures.
* Implement national and local marketing promotions, including the use of the correct Point of Purchase (POP), posters, and placemats. Keep menus clean and in good condition. Use Family Friendly promotional items as described in the marketing section of this SOP (refer to Marketing, p. 169).
* Complete all required reports and paperwork. Handle paperwork accurately and on a timely basis. Maintain personnel files with appropriate employment and legal documents.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise Assistant Manager, Crew Chief and restaurant hourly employees at assigned unit. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Company unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.