Restaurant and Cafe Senior – Ikea
Al Futtaim Group
Restaurant and Cafe Senior - Ikea - Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!To assist the IFB Manager and Kitchen Manager in the execution of the IKEA Food & Beverages Concept in the IKEA Restaurant & CafĂ© to strengthen the IKEA store's position as the best home furnishing store in your local market
* Maximize vitality and commerciality of IKEA FOOD in your store to increase sales and profitability according to your goals.
* Ensure an effective implementation and presentation of the IKEA FOOD range matrix.Â
* Actively contribute and support all marketing and in-store activities by integrating IKEA FOOD in the store's Commercial Calendar and use these as an opportunity to proactively drive sales.
* Ensure effective and economical handling of range changes including management of outgoing range and activities in your function according to the set timelines in the Commercial Calendar.
* Ensure that the daily work routines are in place, that the displays are well-filled and the range is presented in an optimal commercial way.
* Initiate actions to fill the restaurant at off-peak time and increase turnover per seat.
* Cooperate with Commercial SFM & Bistro Manager to enhance the link between the Restaurant and the Swedish Food Market.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of the competition on the local food market. Use this information to initiate immediate action, to secure an appropriate price distance. Give input on changes done to your IKEA FOOD Manager.
* Equipments Maintenance and documentation of visits and plan if break down. List of Equipments:
* Fire Suppression System.
* Kitchen Hood Fresh Air Fan System - as per require.
* Kitchen Hood Extract Fan System
* Grease Trap - 3mths
* Oil inter Ceptor - 3mths
* Grease Trap & Bacterial Dossing - monthly
* Water Filter
* Chiller & Freezer cabinet in SFM
* Elenco Equipments
* Pest Control
* Coffee Planet
* Coca Cola
* Walk-in Chiller and Freezer
* Rational Combi Ovens
* Sharwama Machines
* Flies Trapped
* Ensure that the recommended communication towards the customers is implemented, from the parking area into the IKEA Restaurant & CafĂ© area.
* Ensure that customer payments on cash registers will be done following the procedures of the IKEA Safety & Security Risk Manual.
* Ensure that you have the customer in focus and meet our customers with a positive, friendly and service-minded attitude. Lead by example.
* Ensure speed and efficiency in the meeting with the customer through an effective use of IKEA solutions, such as self service, effective staffing and mechanical sales techniques.
* Customer Flow Analyst and documented. (twice a month, peak and non peak)
* Develop, agree with the IKEA FOOD Manager and communicate to your team an annual action plan for IKEA FOOD commercial areas to execute the IKEA FOOD country and Function business plan. Monitor and evaluate the success of this plan in order to influence future plans.
* Ensure an efficient organization of the Commercial areas and Production areas in relation to financial performance i.e. gross profits, costs, hours planning, productivity levels, absence management and holiday planning to agreed service levels.
* Control overall operating costs without jeopardizing the service level to the customer and food safety standards.
* Ensure implementation of the ADMIN manual and routines for cash handling.
* Utilize relevant tools such as Profit & Loss, KPI-report, Store Point, Commercial Review, CSI, and Voice in order to develop the business, yourself and your team.
* To ensure a safe working environment for co-workers and customers in accordance with all local health and safety regulations and HACCP standards.
* Ensure all foods prepared are according to menu card.
People Management and Development
* Effectively manage and inspire your team, with particular reference to their selection, training and development in order to ensure you have a competent and well informed team who can meet our customer needs and expectations and have in place a workable and realistic succession plan.
* Coach your direct reports in order for them to manage their teams in line with the HR idea.
* Provide strong leadership to your team by your own example, creating an environment where the IKEA culture is a living reality that embraces the diversity of our co-workers.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
High School/Trade School Graduate.
2-3 years food service management experience preferably in a high volume business
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to build working relationships
* Must be able to speak and understand English
Interpersonal Skills, Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.