Retail Sales Representative – Ikea
Al Futtaim Group
Retail Sales Representative - Market Hall (X26) - Ikea - Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!To establish rapport and credibility so as to be able to assist customers in purchasing the company's product range whilst at the same time maintaining the company's standard in terms of merchandising and stock availability so as to reach sales target as set out by the company.
* Promote the sales of products by spotting and seizing sales opportunities, offering alternatives solutions to problems and suggesting add on sales in order to achieve the established sales target.
* Suggest means of sale improvement to his supervisor as well as determining slow moving or non-selling items and suggesting sales action.
* Maintain a fully display of products via merchandising methods as laid down by the company.
* Remain aware of developments in the local market by being attentive, to information given by customers, to advertising and promotions in the media and also by making scheduled market visits so as to be able to maintain the company's competitive advantage and to properly advise customers.
* Keep an update on changes in the company's products range such as new items or changes in existing items as well as informing the Sales Manager of any customer's problems/comments on the product range or gaps in the range.
* Conduct a daily detailed inspection of his assigned area so as to review the availability and positioning of price labels, product information tags and other communication media.
Review daily stock level on all products in his assigned area and recommends orders to the Shopkeeper.
*Coordinates with Procurement Executive for information pertaining to stocks in his assigned area.
* Meet the needs of customers by being understanding and sensitive to diverse customers, by initiating and developing effective working relationships with the customer and by establishing trust and confidence with the customers.
* Determine the customers' requirements, to prepare a proforma invoice.
* Maintain contact and advising customers on news or recently received items of customer's interest or which have been reserved as well as following up on quotations sent in an effort to convert to actual sales.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Secondary Education
* 3 to 5 years in a similar role.
* Customer Focus
* Sales Driven
* Fluency in Written and spoken English
* Interpersonal and Communication Skills
* Time Management Skills
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.