Risk Assessment Manager – OMASCO
Al Futtaim Group
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman. The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town. The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, BPL, Aftron, Rheem, Hamilton Jet and ADNOC.Job Objective:
To manage all risk factors within Omasco operations all across the country. Offer timely solutions in compliance with the policy guidelines and local regulations, by spotting and identifying potential commercial and operational risk factors and gaps. Insurance management and handling of legal affairs at Company level.
* Assess commercial and operational risks factors and gaps by clearly understanding the business, Â network operations, policy guidelines of the Company and relevant local laws
* Clearly map out such factors and gaps by paying frequent visits to Omasco network operations (local and upcountry) and draw time-bound action plans and implement after appropriate approvals
* Â Periodical review of existing policies and procedures relevant to current and future business needs and draw amendments as and when required,Â and introduce after appropriate approvals
* Draw appropriate budgetary plans and implement approved plans in close interaction and co-ordination with HOD Â and relevant business managers
* Set time-bound schedules and organize periodical inspections and audit
* Track milestones and deliverables, with attention to safety, quality and policy guidelines.
* Develop strong working relationships with all relevant external and internal clients to ensure a collaborative approach for the success and effective implementation of each major task and to ensure that the key customers' interests are taken care of.Â
* Seek suggestions/suggest solutions in a proactive manner.
* Create value by reviewing assets, expendituresÂ and resources deployed for most appropriate economic and business use to support the business, team and Omasco image
* Review all local contracts and agreements and ensure that they adequately protect Omasco business interest and are in compliance of local laws and Group policy guidelines.
* Provide continuous guidance in this respect to relevant business managers
* In close co-ordination with all relevant business managers, manage various insurance portfolios of Omasco and ensure that they adequately protect Omasco interests andÂ cover all potential risks at competitive premia.
* Review the policy guidelines relevant to HSE needs all across the business operations and offer professional management solutions.Â Introduce periodical HSE audits at international standards
* Ensure adequate security system is in place all across the business network and manage effectively
* Provide timely reports and solutions to senior management team
In order to apply for this role you should possess the following:
* Strong management, analytical and professional skills in respective areas
* Planning and organizing skills
* Time management and negotiation skills.
* Risk management skills
* Previous knowledge and exposure to commercial laws and legal affairs
* Good exposure in drawing policies, procedures and contracts
* Exposure in handling insurance portfolios (desirable)
Educational/Technical Qualifications & Experience:
* Post Graduate, preferably in commercial laws/legal affairs
* Previous management experience of not less than 8 years essentially in risk management and commercial laws - exposure in insurance management and legal affairs desirable.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.