Risk Manager – Insurance / Banking
A leading Insurance Brokers with operations Internationally are seeking a professional Risk Manager, preferably with UAE experience
• To be responsible for the profitable provision of a full insurance programme placement for certain clients and the total servicing of these client accounts,, meeting the clients’ needs, maintaining their loyalty, encouraging programme renewal, and encouraging business growth.
• To assist with developing and producing new business both regionally and internationally including, but not limited to, by way of responding to tenders and/or reviewing prospective client’s insurance programmes.
• To pro-actively drive the establishment of a Risk Management practice to provide risk services to clients.
• To provide specialist input to the internal Risk Management process and practice and thus enable development and improvement to Best Business Practices/Business Operations.
• Develop overall account strategies, plan and co-ordinate renewal strategies. and direct activities for existing clients
• Produce strategy/proposals for new clients including review of programme, analyze data and produce reports/presentations making recommendations for change
• Actively develop new risk consultancy and insurance business and grow existing business
• Determine the optimum strategy and structure for placing a risk. Market, monitor, supervise and guide placements on a day-to-day basis from start to finish.
• Manage client requirements and expectations in accordance with the terms of appointment.
• Achieve optimum profitability on individual client accounts
• Monitor and report developments, trends and any issues in client relationships.
• Educate clients and manage their expectations through market, insurance and sector briefings.
• Set-up, co-ordinate and manage client and placement records
• Develops an insurance programme to meet the client’s needs and preferences with a placing structure that is appropriate to the client’s operations; exposures and risk transfer goals
• Ensures all placing, contract and closing documentation satisfies the client requirements and complies with Internal Procedures/Best Practice Manual and Market Reform
• Ensures placement submissions are in accordance with Contract Certainty Code of Practice
• Ensures market presentations secure best possible terms for the client, with full material disclosure
• Manages client requirements in accordance with the terms of appointment, to maintain a strong client relationship, support renewal and encourage business growth
• Optimizes account profitability through client negotiation, efficient use of resources and account development.
• Manages client expectations and requirements in terms of risk management consulting
• Ensures agreed payment terms, Premium Payment Warranties (PPW) etc are met through credit control
• Responds timely and accurately to client and underwriter queries.
• Ensures clients receive a quality of service that adds value.
• Receives no justified client complaints over provision of service
• Investigates and resolves complaints and service failures
• Achieves retention targets through planned and coordinated account renewal process
• Identifies and develops opportunities for account development to meet the client’s requirements
• Ensures that correspondence, documents, statistics etc are retained on file in accordance with BPM and internal procedures
• Prepares monthly Divisional Management Information (MI) to accurately report brokerage and fees, renewal lists/progress, late signings etc
• Ensures financial/document checks and approval comply with requirements of the Authorized Signatory List.
• Maintains confidentiality in systems and procedures
• Local and international market experience in either broking or underwriting; account servicing with exposure to large international corporations; technical insurance and business production. Exposure to working with businesses to manage risk exposures including holding risk identification workshops and producing risk registers
• Market and industry structure and operation, including regulation and market reform
• Lloyd’s Introductory Test, or equivalent experience
• Technically sound in insurance market practices and procedures,
• Qualified in insurance to ACII (or equivalent in other territories), and qualified in risk management ( e.g. Member of the Institute of Risk Management)
• Sector specific risks and insurance products/solutions
• Understand procedures for risk identification, analysis and control
• Slip drafting and Approval
• Negotiation skills
• Well developed verbal and written communication
• Client servicing and account development experience
• IT literacy in Word, Outlook and Excel
• Relationship management
• Planning and organizing
• Good time management and prioritization
• DFSA – Conduct of Business and Anti-Money Laundering Rules
• Company placing process
• Company Products and Services
• Core IT systems. INFOTECH : can enter and retrieve information.
Our client are seeking someone with a background who has worked in a Risk, Banking and Insurance background.
Please apply online.
About the Company
Kobaltt MENA are leaders in recruitment across Technical, Construction, Property, Supply Chain & Logistics, Facilities Management, Sales & Marketing and Accounting & Finance Markets. We enjoy long established client relationships with an in-depth knowledge of the MENA and International Market, offering candidates reputable career prospects.
With established Middle East regional offices located in Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai, Kobaltt is providing a specialist range of permanent and contract recruitment services to the construction, property and engineering, Supply Chain & Logistics, Oil & Gas, accountancy and finance sectors.
Our team has over 25 years accumulative years of experience being based in the GCC with established client networks and candidate profiles.