Al Jaber & Partners
- Ensure that the risk & opportunity management is performed in accordance with the contractor standards and industry best practices,
- To develop and implement a company risk & opportunity management process,
- To develop risk and opportunity plans at a project level and ensure that project members know the risk & opportunity management plan, keep the plan aligned with the current phase of the project,
- Ensure that the project risk & opportunity management plan is implemented to manage risks and opportunities, which could affect the project,
- Approve risk owners,
- Approve risk mitigation (and opportunity enhancement) plans and agree the necessary resources for their implementation with the Project manager.
For Risk & Opportunity Identification and Evaluation:
- Act as a leader on risk & opportunity identification brainstorming sessions
- Propose risk owners within the project for approval by the project manager
- Act as a support to the risk owners for the identification, description, estimation and evaluation of the risks and opportunities,
- Support risk owners in their risk & opportunity evaluation process,
- Ensure that all subcontractors and major suppliers and all other disciplines co-operate in the provision of risk data as required.
For Risk & Opportunity Control and Monitoring:
- Act as a support to the risk owners for the definition, the implementation and the follow-up of mitigation actions, submitted to project manager approval,
- Ensure that the approved risk reduction (opportunity enhancement) actions are integrated into the main project schedule and objectives,
- Monitor progress on risks and opportunities status and associated control actions.
For Risk & Opportunity Reporting:
- Create a consolidated risk & opportunity register and ensure this register is maintained up to date
- Create the risk & opportunity sheets and ensure these sheets are maintained up to date
- Create the action log and ensure it is maintained up to date
- Produce periodic projects risk & opportunity activity reporting.
Preferably a degree qualified Engineer or qualified Quantity Surveyor with commercial background
Experience in risk management processes related to contractor works
10 years experience in large scale civil and infrastructure projects
About the Company
About the Company
Al Jaber & Partners – Construction & Energy Projects W.L.L. (AJP) is a subsidiary of Al Jaber Transport and General Contracting Company, Member of Al Jaber Group of Companies (AJC), based in Abu Dhabi. AJP was launched in 2002 to serve the demanding Infrastructure Market in the State of Qatar and has since established itself as a premier infrastructure construction company in Qatar. The first Project started early 2005, now the 2010 planned Turn Over is QAR 1.3 Billion.
Within 5 successful years AJP has built up its present workforce of around 4,000 skilled and loyal workforce from across the globe, has mobilized about 2,000 vehicles and heavy construction equipment, has set up a main workshop within an area of 25,000 m2, a 10,000 m2 precast yard and accommodation facilities in Ras Laffan, Al Khor and Messaied for more than 5,000 employees.