Rotating Equipment Mechanic
IMCO Engineering & Construction Company
1. BASIS FUNCTION
Performs a variety of mechanical craft jobs including complex jobs, in shop/field required in installation, maintenance & repair of rotating equipment & auxiliaries such as pumps, compressors, turbines, blowers, fin-fans, mixers, gas engines, etc. a variety of testing equipment & measurement tools.
2. WORK PERFORMED
1. Receives assignments from the immediate supervisor, obtains materials from warehouse or shops. Prepares work site, receives work permit and secures safety conditions prior to work.
2. Performs a variety of jobs including shop/field installation, maintenance & repair of rotating equipment & auxiliaries such as pumps, compressors, turbines, blowers, fin-fans, mixers, gas engines etc.
3. Installs rotating equipment including those requiring non-standard installation procedures. Makes necessary alignment/adjustment to ensure correct operation.
4. Removes & dismantles equipment with maintenance problems; cleans & lubricate; repairs/replaces faulty components; reassembles units and checks for efficient operation. Performs preventive & breakdown maintenance jobs.
5. Uses a variety of testing equipment to diagnose trouble in proper sequence. Also, uses tools such as hydraulic press, pullers, electric drills, grinders, heating torch as well as precision tools such as micrometer, caliper gauges & dial gauges for test-checking or repair work.
6. Performs/ensures maintenance work in accordance with instructions, drawings and codes of practice. Reports any abnormal condition of equipment under repair/overhaul to his supervisor.
7. Performs all compressor valve & seal lapping jobs using lapping machines & other test equipment.
8. Implements/practices good housekeeping, performs job site clean-up duties, as required, and complies with establishment fire and safety regulations.
9. Assumes full responsibility for the role as envisaged by Safety, Health and Environment Management System (SHEMS), as per the attachment.
10. Performs any related duties as assigned.
1. Twelve (12) years of schooling followed by formal apprenticeship training in Machinery work.
2. Minimum Eight (8) years of hands on experience in overhauling and maintenance of Rotating Equipment Such as:
• Single stage overhung centrifugal pumps.
• Multi stage centrifugal pumps horizontal and vertical.
• Centrifugal compressors and reciprocating compressors.
• General purpose and special purpose steam turbine.
• Repair of Mechanical Seals.
3. Maintenance skills on safety/ relief valves.
4. Skills in the use of hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments
5. Ability to read, write and speak in English.
6. Capable of group communications, oral/written.
About the Company
About the Company
For thirty seven years IMCO has been proudly contributing to the power, energy and infrastructure of Kuwait by concentrating its focus on the customer needs. Our strategy of quality planning and quality execution in every project has directly elevated our performance in:
- Oil & Gas production
- Pipeline, storage and export facilities
- Oil refineries
- Gas liquid plants
- Power Generation
- Desalination plants and telemetry
- Power transmission and distribution networks
- Waste water treatment plants
- Pumping Stations
Our services cover project management, engineering, design, procurement, construction, maintenance and project support services.