Safety Assurance Specialist
Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to provide risk assessment and safety assurance management services for Serco Dubai Metro.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• To establish policies and procedures for hazard identification, risk assessment and safety assurance and monitor compliance against them;
• To act as the custodian of the system risk assessment (Operations Hazard Log) and be responsible for its development, maintenance and co-ordination of the validation and testing of its content;
• Monitor actual system safety performance against predicted levels of risk and make recommendations to promote continuous improvement;
• Coordinate the process for assessing the safety impact associated with changes to organisational structure, working practices or system configuration, and validating such changes;
• Perform and carry out other duties as instructed / directed by the Railway Safety Manager and the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment Director;
• Technical, Financial and People Accountabilities
• Meeting the Key Performance Indicators according to the targets agreed with the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment Director
• Ideally a degree holder or higher diploma of post secondary education in safety management or a related engineering discipline;
• Professionally qualified with membership of a recognised professional institution;
• Ability to compile technical and audit reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
• Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
• Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
• Hold a valid UAE driving license with good driving skill and experience.
• Minimum 3 years, preferably 5 years, of management experience in planning and implementing systematic hazard identification, managing safety assurance processes and policies associated with the safety of railway operations;
• Working knowledge of RAMS techniques such as HAZOP, FMECA, fault trees analysis, etc;
• Good understanding of relevant standards associated with railway safety, e.g. EN50126, EN50128, EN50129;
• Knowledge of railway organisational structures and standards, workflows, operating procedures, and terminology.
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.