Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Jubail, Saudi Arabia
1. Support day-to-day activities involved in providing safety advice to assigned JER organizations.
2. Ensure that all employees are informed about the safety policies, rules and regulation of the Company.
3. Regularly update safety campaign materials to cover all safety areas described in the SATORP SMS.
4. Participate in the establishment of a framework for personal safety and the existence of appropriate safety procedures; provide advice on accident/incident investigation and analyses.
5. Develop a set of minimum safety rules for the office and Refinery environments and help to develop the Safety on Site and Prevention standards.
6. Ensure relevant work permits will be created and distributed in a timely and accurate fashion.
7. Participate in preparing the daily work permit by meeting with Operations and Maintenance to discuss special work permits (such as hot and heavy lifting work permit).
8. Participate in the approval of job risk analysis and associated work permits. Audit of maintenance activities on-site.
9. Provide advice on safety procedures so that all jobs within the Refinery can be performed in a safe way.
10. Develop and implement safety promotional materials for Office and Refinery environments.
11. Develop strategies to disseminate Company safety rules and regulation on a regular basis to employees.
12. Plan and monitor the education awareness of the Company employees.
13. Assist in the development of the Monthly Safety Themes program.
14. Assist the development of promotional and advisory safety materials in line with the Monthly Themes.
15. Prepare educational materials including technical and informational articles, presentations, workshops and orientation materials.
16. Distribute safety promotional materials on a regular basis.
17. Report violations of SATORP safety standards on-site.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor Loss Prevention.
1. Must be of Saudi National
2. Has at least a High School Diploma. Holding a higher degree is a plus.
3. Minimum of Six (6) years of experience in Health and Safety in a Refining and or Petroleum profession or similar.
About the Company
SAUDI ARAMCO TOTAL Refining and Petrochemical Company (SATORP) is a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and TOTAL S.A. that was formed to develop the 400,000 barrels per day Refinery and Petrochemical Project located in Jubail in the eastern province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In capacity, it is second only to Ras Tanura Refinery in the Kingdom. The environmentally friendly Jubail Refinery will produce a high proportion of white products such as diesel, gasoline, LPG, petrochemicals, and jet fuels from low cost heavy crude. Upon completion, the refinery will the the 7th most complex refiner in the world.
In May 2006, Saudi Arabian Oil Company and TOTAL S.A. signed a Memorandum of Understanding to develop the Jubail Refinery and Petrochemical Project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Project entails the development of 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) refining and petrochemical complex (the Refinery) located in the Jubail Industrial City on the east coast of the Kingdom.
On June 22, 2008, Saudi Aramco and TOTAL signed the Shareholders Agreement in order to form SAUDI ARAMCO TOTAL Refinery and Petrochemical Company (SATORP). SATORP was established as per the Board of Directors approval on September 21, 2008.
Saudi Aramco and TOTAL agreed to subscribe equity interest of 62.5% (Saudi Aramco) and 37.5% (TOTAL) in the Company. By February 2009 the main Project Agreements were executed. On June 16, 2009, the Board of Directors approved the award of all LSTK contracts which were officially executed on July 7th. Immediately following, the Project Management Team, based in Rome Italy at the time, mobilized their out of kingdom teams to Korea, Japan, Spain, and Singapore.
By the beginning of the 3rd quarter 2010, these teams began remobilization to Saudi Arabia, to join the in-kingdom project teams already hard at work in building the refinerys foundation and infrastructures. Some refinery units are scheduled to begin commissioning by the first quarter of 2012, and continue on to the targeted refinery completion date in the first half of 2013.