Emirates Flight Catering
Emirates Flight Catering (EKFC) part of the Emirates Group is the world¡¦s largest in-flight catering operation providing in-flight catering and support services for airlines from Dubai International Airport. With a workforce of over 6500 multinational employees and four work sites, EKFC has a clientele of 120 airlines and airline hospitality lounges in Dubai International Airport as well as running a large off airport Food and Beverage business.
This position is within the Human Resources department.
Reporting to Senior Human Resources Manager - Occupational Health and Safety, your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for conducting inspections and audits to identify hazards and risks at all company premises and operational activities.
• Responsible for informing departments of findings and recommending measures to correct potential hazards.
• Responsible for conducting follow up inspections to ensure that recommended measures have been implemented.
• Responsible for investigating the adequacy of ventilation, lightning, noise, exhaust equipment and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort or performance.
• Assisting in the review and formulation of appropriate, health and safety standards and procedures.
• Assisting in coordinating fire evacuation drills and monitoring the condition of the fire emergency equipment.
• Responsible for briefing contractors on Emirates Flight Catering Safety policy and procedures.
• Responsible for investigating and providing assistance in accidents and incidents, analysing the causes and developing preventative measures to prevent reoccurrences.
• Responsible for organising the display of safety notices, signs and safety posters.
• Responsible for conducting tool box talks on the shop floor on specific topics relating to safety.
• Liaising with external bodies including the Dubai local enforcement authority, airport authorities, and safety auditors.
• Comply with the Company Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
• Relevant qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety. Degree holder is preferred.
• Working knowledge of OHSAS18001:2007
• Proven ability to successfully implement hazard identification, risk assessment and control principles including pro-active methods such as observations, inspections and risk assessments.
• Strong experience in accident reporting and incident investigation.
• Auditing experience is a must.
• Proven track record in monitoring effective safety systems.
• Previous experience in conducting safety inspections.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels in a multinational environment.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain constructive relationships with others.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels in a diverse environment.
• Auditor or lead auditor training is preferable
• UAE experience
• Training experience is an advantage.
About the Company
Emirates Flight Catering is 90% owned by Emirates airline, with the remaining share being held by Dubai Civil Aviation. In July 2007, the Company inaugurated its technologically advanced catering facility dedicated to servicing the flights of Emirates airline. The facility, with a built-up area of over 56,000 square metres and the capacity to produce over 115,000 meals per day, is the largest of its kind in the world in terms of volume throughput. It features high levels of automation including a 2.55km long electric monorail system for the transportation of meal carts, a bin conveyor system to transfer clean items from the Warewash area to the Production and Operations Departments, and a vacuum waste system with pipes over 600m in length.
The existing facility was originally commissioned in 1982 and has been continually updated and upgraded since then. The Company also caters to other airlines operating at Dubai International Airport. In total, the Company services over 110 regular airline clients.