Sales Engineer – Business Unit Contractors
1. Summary –
Front-line contact between the company and the customer. Sales volume, profitability, market share, quality of customer base, receivable and inventory level; are all critical parameters ultimately influenced by the Sales Engineer’s function.
2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, while other duties may be assigned thereafter:
• Achieve and exceed sales, profitability and collection targets.
• Establish a quality customer base.
• Closely interact with customers, understand and identify their needs.
• Demonstrate products on site to customers and establish their suitability to customers’ needs.
• Identify, well in advance, upcoming projects.
• Convey customer feedback to appropriate levels of management, especially feedback of technical nature.
• Fully investigate and ascertain credibility of a new customer before appointment. To adhere the prescribed procedures for appointment including completion of “Customer Profile” form.
• Ensure satisfactory level of after sales service.
• Attend promptly to customer complaints and provide satisfactory solutions.
• Clearly understand and adhere to the warranty policy.
• Closely interact with consultants and contractors.
• Communicate credit period and payment terms to customers clearly.
• Assist the debt collector whenever so called upon.
• Ensure completeness of sales documentation, which will be a pre-requisite if a receivable turns doubtful and legal action is required to be taken.
3. Sales Administration
• Initiate steps to procure products required through Central Logistics Coordinator / Regional Sales Manager.
• Ensure timely delivery of goods to customers.
• Ensure submission of quality certificate / data sheet / product brochures, wherever necessary.
• Ensure submission of invoice and other related documents to customers without delay.
3. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Other Principal Accountabilities:
* Cooperating with the Supply Chain team including Customer Service team for in-bound customer orders and a Sourcing team for out-bound orders to and from third party vendors and Sika companies.
* Establishes appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs) for on-time deliveries, order fulfilment accuracy, full-truck loading; manages these KPIs for minimum cost and maximum performance
* Provide support to Sales in a variety of areas including sales forecasting, product release schedules, returns, product samples, and other special product requests
4. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (COMPETENCIES REQUIRED)
4.1. Educational Credentials
– (BA/BBA) in Civil Engineering.
4.2. Work Experience
* Minimum of 4 yrs of related experience
4.3. Language Skills
* Ability to communicate clearly, read and write effectively; in English and Arabic.
* Bilingual Arab native speaker.
4.4. Computer Skills
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a good level of computer skills
* MS Office Package, Internet software and Inventory software.
4.5. Other Skills and Abilities
* Ability to effectively work in a multi-gender, multi-national work team; whilst displaying particular sensitivity towards cultural and ethnic differences.
* Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills.
* Ability to understand, interpret and anticipate operating environment.
4.6. Competencies Required
Please refer to ‘Appendix II’ - Competency List, for guidance:
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance with a sense of urgency.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Commits to long hours of work when necessary, in order to fulfil organizational requirements.
• Interpersonal Skills Required - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Highly pro-active, disciplined and well organized.
• Teamwork Spirit - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Gives and welcomes feedback, while contributing to build a positive team spirit.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values.
• Dependability - Capacity to handle a heavy work volume and multiple priorities. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Strong multitasking skills.
• Ethics - Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values and maintains confidentiality (particularly in relation to the auditing process).
About the Company
About the Company
Sika is a globally integrated company supplying specialty chemicals markets. It is a leader in processing materials used in sealing, bonding, damping, reinforcing and protecting load-bearing structures in Construction and Industry. Subsidiaries in more than 70 countries worldwide and 12 900 employees link customers directly to Sika and guarantee the success of all of its business relationships. With this structure, Sika generates annual sales of CHF 4.6 billion.