Sales Engineer – Storage & Handling Solutions – FAMCO
Al Futtaim Group
FAMCO (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) is a market leading supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors. FAMCO serves these industries with world-class brands like Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Merlo, Ingersoll Rand, Linde, Dexion, Yanmar, Himoinsa, Stanley Proto, Fenner, Bruynzeel, Mobel Linea, Meco, Bott, Stertil, Hart & Nassau.
FAMCO has operations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ras Al Khaimah and in December 2011, FAMCO acquired the Volvo Construction Equipment distributor for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Al Rehab) and now operates with 5 branches across the Kingdom. The company's development and success has been based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the dedication of its skilled staff.
FAMCO is committed to providing outstanding second-to-none service levels to customers and to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards at the highest possible levels. FAMCO is an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 certified company. We are looking to recruit a Sales Engineer - Storage & Handling Solutions to work inÂ our offices in Northern Emirates.
Principal Accountabilities (Essential Functions):
* Ensures sales through tracking of current customer base requirements for repeat sales potential.
* Explores and converts new business opportunities into sales.
* Initiative to discover new segments.
* Ability to track new projectsÂ Â
* Ensures that accurate information on competitors is presented to the Manager thereby supporting the development of strategies that are aid at increasing market share.
* Ensures that customers' needs are understood and fulfills customer needs with highest quality standards for total satisfaction.
* Direct sales in the assigned territory and ensuring adequate market coverage.
* Reports on lost business and market shares
* Provides support to the Area Sales Manager for the preparation of annual budget and business proposals, which highlight major activities planned for achieving and exceeding set targets.
* Identifies potential customers, understands their business requirements and presents the company's products and services in a manner that convinces the customer to place orders.
* Gathers market information on competitor activities to ensure the Divisions competitive edge in product, pricing, services and systems.
* Explores and converts new business opportunities through effective customer identification, surveys, competitor analysis, market information and tender analysis in order to exceed annual business targets.
* Understands customer requirements and delivers products and services of the highest quality thereby setting industry standards, ensuring customer delight and developing a loyal customer base.
* Assesses creditworthiness of the customer, promotes secured payment terms and ensures timely collection of money thereby minimizing the company's risk of bad debts.
* Regularly interacts with the customer to inquire on product performance and offers timely assistance in the resolution of all queries thereby maintaining a healthy and profitable relationship between the company and the customer.
* Recommends the need of on site product demonstrations and any special campaigns
The selected candidateÂ willÂ have the following skills and qualifications and;
*You will hold either a diploma or degree in Business, Marketing or Mechanical Engineering.
*You must have sold in the Storage & Handling Solutions market place.
*You will have at least 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
*A customer focused individual with sound territory management an in-depth product knowledge with a very high level of communication skills.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.