Sales Engineer/Manager – Fire Safety or Emergency Lighting
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reporting to the General Manager of the Cooper Safety Division, this role will play a key role in the development of the Saudi Arabian market for Cooper's emergency lighting or fire safety products. We are currently considering applicants with experience in either of these two product areas and if required we will provide the support and training to bridge any development gaps in regards product knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong sales pedigree to take the next step within a truly global business. We offer a highly driven, motivated environment which will offer challenge and reward for those who are successful.
The key responsibilities of the incumbent will be to:
1. Develop and execute short and long-term sales & marketing plans and programs to ensure the profit growth and expansion of products and or/ services. This embraces strategies covering the introduction of new product lines, together with growth within the KSA market.
2. Ensure timely, accurate quotations of project quotes
3. Prepare accurate monthly sales analysis to provide management with information relating to results and forecasts.
4. Provide technical backup to ensure client design approval is secured along with commissioning support (as required) for the ongoing projects and the installed base in the region of concern.
5. Effectively manage the design and implementation of the projects to ensure maximum profitability, smooth completion and handover.
6. Liaise with the Local Authorities to ensure relevant certification and local approvals required for Cooper products.
7. Maintain effective customer relations with Consultants, Contactors and End users to ensure and achieve the desired market position for the products.
8. Provide advice and guidance to management regarding product requirements for the target markets with the objective of securing maximum market share and sustainable market growth.
9. Undertake Distributor management to ensure client satisfaction and the outgoing serviceability of safety critical equipment.
The incumbent must keep personal contact with key personnel of the distributors, consultants, contactors, end users and other important decision makers in the industry. They will provide technical backup, technical submittals, approvals and commissioning support for the ongoing projects and the installed base in KSA. Other responsibilities also include project management and provision of effective system design to ensure smooth completion and handover of the projects.
In the area of planning, the incumbent develops and recommends long term growth objectives and plans, in association with Regional Sales Manager. The objectives are met through appropriate market and product research, establishment of order and major objectives, and preparation of sales, pricing, promotion representation and distribution programs that serve to effectively sell new and existing products. In developing such plans, the incumbent utilizes broad product and customer knowledge as well as through familiarity with market demands and conditions such as design features needed by the customers, channels of distribution and the appropriate time and way to enter the market.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Electrical Engineering degree from a reputed institution; an MBA is also desirable
• Minimum 5 years experience in direct sales of fire alarm system product or emergency lighting products and experience in the Saudi Arabian market
• A high level of commercial acumen
• An established contact network with distributors, consultants, and end users within the assigned territory
• Detailed technical product knowledge of fire alarm systems, including familiarity with current technology and applicable codes
• Excellent communication skills – able to present effectively in English to a wide range of audiences. Arabic language ability is preferred but not essential.
• Strong organization skills – able to deliver against targets to deadlines
About the Company
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with more than 100 years of experience providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2011 sales of $16.0 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 73,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.