Sales Manager (Debenhams)
Sales Manager (Debenhams) - Mecca (KSA)
Debenhams is the leading department store business from the UK. What differentiates Debenhams from other retailers is the unique combination of own-bought brands, exclusive designer ranges and leading international brands. The majority of our merchandise is available only at Debenhams. This unique mix of premium brands at affordable prices enables us to satisfy existing and attract new customers.
Our product ranges appeal to all ages and tastes across ladieswear, cosmetics, skincare and fragrances, accessories, menswear, childrenswear, lingerie and homewares.
Debenhams currently has over 20 'Designers at Debenhams', designing over 41 different ranges. Designer collections include J by Jasper Conran, Butterfly by Matthew Williamson, Rocha John Rocha and Star by Julien Macdonald. They offer aspirational merchandise in all departments at affordable prices.
The SALES MANAGER assists in achieving all company set objectives, maximising store contribution through exploiting sales and maintaining cost controls. The Sales Manager also assists in delivering the highest level of motivation and development of the team, whilst ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Ensure communication is effective throughout store and back to brand team
* Implement and review all stock loss prevention controls.
* Implement processes specific to store product/size/location
* Manage a team including: in store training, recruitment (where applicable), motivation, coaching, development, disciplinary and performance appraisals
* Implement store layout, visual merchandising, stock and fixture positioning according to brand guidelines.
* Manage stock replenishment, product launches and promotions
* Ensure store is fully compliant administratively and procedurally according to company guidelines and deadlines
* Maximise sales and ensure customer focus is prioritised at all times
* Weekly/daily analysis of commercial reports and implementation of action plans where necessary
Skills & Experience:
* Minimum 2 years retail management experience.
* Good communication skills.
* Previous experience in working within similar store environment.
* Leadership, decision making, planning & organising and relationship building skills.
* Bilingual (Arabic & English) Preferable.
* Computer literate.
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.