Sales Manager – Utilities
Generate sales for the Medium Voltage Products, Substation automation, SCADA, energy management applications and Systems in Qatar and contribute to the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values
Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the designated segment and contribute to the development of key accounts, specifically in the Utility segment and large scale developments.
* Meet & exceed personal sales targets and objectives and also contribute to the overall sales targets for Qatar.
* Develop a business plan and sales strategy - specifically for the utility market, and large commercial developments - that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
* Has the ability to create value of the Schneider Electric solutions with End User accounts
* Prepare and implement action plans to ensure Schneider Electric Products and systems are more widely accepted & prescribed.
* Lead actions to prequalify and / or obtain project specific approvals in line with product mapping and time frames to allow greater market penetration.
* Implement marketing plans as needed and adopt a more solutions approach moving forward.
* Coordinate effectively with the Lines of Business the needs for technical seminars, training and promotional matters related to the customer.
* Provide timely, accurate, information on projects and tenders in the market, competitor placing and Schneider positioning and make systematic updates to pipeline platform. Â
* Monitor the sales trends and developments in the Medium Voltage business and propose corrective actions to meet or exceed the targets. Also anticipate the future needs of the customers.
* Prepare monthly reports and ensure effective and timely reporting in line management required format. This should also include an accurate order intake forecast for the coming 3 months.
* Assist Sales Team members in preparation of proposals and presentations.
* Develop and maintain business contacts at all levels of the customer organization and all other high potential customers.
* Manage the customer in professional manner.
* At least 5 to 7 years proven experience in sales and key account management of utility / large end users.
* Must be technically competent in medium voltage products.
* Experience in Substation Automation.
* Experience in SCADA applications, CITECT, OASYS, etc
Specific experience required:
* Must have good communication, organization, administrative and negotiation skills.
* Team player
* Has the commitment, takes Ownership of Project
* Should be fit for travel in Gulf countries and sometimes abroad.
* Qatar Experience is a plus
* A graduate in electrical engineering.
About the Company
About the Company
Schneider Electric leverages its skills in applications that serve people in their daily lives by providing a continuous, reliable, effective and secure power supply and controlling, monitoring and protecting machines and equipment.
Our core businesses: Electrical Distribution and Automation & Control
The recognized world leader in Electrical Distribution and Automation & Control, Schneider Electric provides comprehensive solutions that combine software, communication and services. We meet customer expectations for the most demanding applications in terms of safety, reliability and energy savings. We rank among the world leaders in medium and low voltage and Ultra Terminal distribution, secured power, building automation and security, industrial control and sensors for repetitive machines. Our lineup of market-leading global brands, powerful local brands and specialist brands is unparalleled in terms of breadth, strategic fit and related high value-added services.